Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0 PP Oxford White
  • Banned
Hello all,

Just picked up my 2016 Oxford White Mustang GT Performance Package early this January and finally got the first mod on the car. Picked up the MBRP Race Exhaust in the Black Finish from TeamBeefcake for a great price in my opinion, so definitely hit him up before you buy. Received the exhaust and first thing I can say is that the packaging done by MBRP is a little slacking. Box was not very thick and durable and arrived a bit torn up. Opened it up and skimmed over the parts inside and to my eye I couldn't see anything wrong. Closed up the box and took it to my uncles house to install on the lift he has in his garage. Once I was there I took out all the parts and noticed that the tip on one of the H Pipe ends was bent in-ward. Thankfully my uncle has a lot of tools and were able to bend it back into a perfect circle. Next I took out the mufflers and there was a small scratch on the black powdercoat. While mounted on the car you cannot see it so ill live with it but still not happy about that. The install took roughly 1 1/2 hours to do but im a perfectionist and the longest part was getting the tips to line up. Although the fit is pretty great for being one of the cheaper catbacks getting the tips to align 100% takes some serious tweaking from the H Pipe bolts, to the mid and rear hangers till everything finally sits even. If you don't care about the exhaust being 1/2 inch off to one side or 1/2 inch off up or down then you can probably do it in 45 minutes to an hour. As for the sound, I expected this thing to be a loud beast that was almost unbearable, but I was pleasantly surprised when I installed it. It has that deep V8 Rumble but when you rev it, it has that nice rasp to it. While driving it manageable while doing regular city driving and even when you get on it its loud but a good loud. The only downfall to the sound for me is at 1750-2000 RPM there is a bit of drone but nothing terrible I would say for me the drone is a 3/10. I got the exhaust in black and I believe it looks great with the black tips and mufflers since the performance package has the black/white theme already going with the black wheels. Overall for the price I got it I dont think you can go wrong especially since it brings the 3 inch H Pipe. Would I have wanted it to come packaged a little better? Yes, but for the price these exhausts are going for you have to give and take. I would definitely recommend this exhaust to someone. Below are some pics and vids of the install and the exhaust on the car. Hope this helps any of you on the fence!

Sparknotes:
Fit: 9/10
Sound: 8.5/10
Packaging: 5/10
Price:10/10
Appearance:9/10

Videos of Exhaust:

[ame]
Sponsored

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What do you mean by nice rasp? I have the race exhaust and anything over 3.5k it is very raspy and reminds me of my G35 with high flow cats and a cheap eBay cat back lol. I'm hoping it breaks in and settles down.

OP
OP

AJ5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
To me that rasp is nice, I guess to you its not. Different strokes for different folks!

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
after listening to your video, I only hear rasp on the cold star revs and not so much on the driving. Mine is the complete opposite lol. Damnit, damnit all!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
fixed for video
[ame]

now you just need cat deletes or headers! :D

Sponsored

OP
OP

AJ5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Definitely plan to do that in the future!

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
FWIW I did the MBRP Street catback in stainless, also purchased from Terry @ Beefcake. Since my car is black on black, having black exhaust tips would cause them to get lost visually, but that black tip look on the white car is badass!

My box was well-packed and undamaged, all parts in excellent condition functionally and aesthetically, and super easy install. Did it by myself on jackstands no prob. Now I just need to find a place to store the giant (1 piece from cats back!) factory system.

For me, the sound of the Street system is perfect, I wouldn't want anything louder even though my car is not a DD. I think I wouldn't pass sound for track days around here with that Race system....and my neighbors would hate me. The interior of the S550 is very well sound-insulated, but I can still hear the exhaust note very prominently.

Oh....and take off that stupid sound tube. What an awkward sound that thing brings into the cabin.

OP
OP

AJ5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Lucky man I guess I just had bad UPS drivers handling my packages because I know it wasn't Terry's fault. Nothing can be seen when mounted on the car so whatever just a little annoying. The Race is loud but nothing I cant handle I think its a good loud!
Sponsored