Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Before and after photo, I absolutely love them. :)
comparison.jpg
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK ahead of time, got the calipers fitted, proper chuffed with the result:

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

[ame]

Just wheels and two-piece lighter brake disc which are due end of week, so hopefully be on the car in a couple of weeks.
I also have two sets of wheels incoming, I got a sponsorship from two wheel manufacturers, so will be fitting both, taking photos, keeping the favourite and selling the unwanted set. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

Well I was not going to fit my new *temporary* wheels until my two-piece ultra lightweight disc had arrived which save 2.5kg per rear disc and around 5kg per front disc and look totally epic.

But I could not wait and though initially I took a dislike to the colour of the wheels due to the finish being almost identical to magnetic, even down to the metallic flick in the finish, now they are on the car I actually quite like it and the people who have seen it in the flesh say the car looks absolutely insane in a good way. So we shall see, though the other wheels I have en-route look incredible, but can save those for another day.

But this design I love it, shows of the brakes nicely so cannot wait to get the two-piece c-hook disc on there and because the spoke design goes right to the edges these look bigger than the stock wheels, even though they are 19" and are a 275/40/19 all round which results in amazing comfort and reduced road noise. Compliance is superb, the car has never handled so great really pointy but also great GT comfort as well. Plus grip is insane at all four corners, really tyre wall every time over width, a mistake I made, so remember, compound, tyre wall and then width. For those wanting a more hotrod look there is an MPSS in 285/40/19 which would also look epic in the rear and give huge grip for launching hard.

Now time for picture overload:

W10.jpg

Wheels are 19x9.5 ET40 square: 3mm spacer rear and 5mm front

People know how much I hate poke and ET40 was the only option but it works nice and with 5mm and 3mm rear spacers is nice and even with 5mm spacer up front still a full 9 turns of the bolt so beyond required spec for M14 stud which is good.

W13.jpg

W12.jpg

W11.jpg

I have my rear two-piece disc but I noticed an issue before fitting so they are now being re-manufacturered, in short they need to use recessed bolts/screws to clear the rear caliper over-hang. Front is not an issue but the manufacturer is sorting for me so big thumbs up.

Can't wait to get the brakes on as the wheels show the brakes more and the factory disc are not sexy. Two-piece disc with c-hook are far more sexier and give huge weight savings.

In total with wheels and brakes it is close to nearly 40kg of unsprung mass removed from the car, bring car total weight down to around 1640kg with a full tank of fuel. The big girl is dieting! :D

I shall weigh the fronts before fitting to show comparison but the fronts are nearly 5kg lighter each, crazy how heavy stock items are.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, so these wheels aren't staying? What others do you have on the way?

I think they look great

I got sponsored by two companies, so I took these on a whim expecting not to like them, but I actually really like them.

The others I am not releasing any info on yet but I think they will be one of the most demanded wheels on Mustang, another forged wheel around 10kg but a really cool and rather unique design. Just finalising finish options with manufacturer but they shall be 19", also available in other sizes. For now will be keeping these, then in couple of months fit the others and well make a very hard decision.

But the others shall also be 19x9.5" but probably ET35 with a polished titanium finish and black inners.

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Are you going to use the disclaimer this message from gibbon was brought to you by Shiela's wheels.....;)

I have gun metal wheels and hate them. Don't stand out enough against the mineral grey. Only colour I would really avoid.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to use the disclaimer this message from gibbon was brought to you by Shiela's wheels.....;)

I have gun metal wheels and hate them. Don't stand out enough against the mineral grey. Only colour I would really avoid.

Hence my dislike, unfortunately the colour I wanted carbon brushed titanium was a 20" only option and they refused. But the deal was so good so I took the chance as the finish is lovely.

Now on the car I like the mean aggressive look they give for sure and unlike black wheels you can see the wheel design and aesthetics from a distance.

But like you say they don't stand out from the body, but they do give a real mean look which really looks quite nice and makes the tyres look really fat like how an American muscle car should look. Everyone who has seen them in the flesh is really loving them and giving them huge praise saying they prefer them over my stock and previous 20" brushed.

So for now I am going to leave as is, as its not end of the world, when my other wheels come which are in a colour I like (titanium polished) I can decide which design I prefer and if I stick with these a colour/finish change is easy to accomplish.

But as to the ride, simply awesome, losing so much weight and adding more tyre wall has only done positive things for handling, grip, comfort. In this size you can also get a 285/40/19 MPSS which would probably look killer in the rear.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
You know you'd pay a LOT of money to have your wheels body colour if it were a 911.. I think they're okay. I've no idea, but to my eye the Mustang (at least the S550) is really sensitive to wheels. I wouldn't kick them out of bed, but neither would I fit that style. But that's the beauty of choice.

Where'd you get the mudflaps? I'm thinking of getting some.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Where'd you get the mudflaps? I'm thinking of getting some.
They look like the RPI Designs splash guards which I've also fitted on my front (only) wheels. Blend into the car nicely and not overly noticeable from most angles... which is what you want on a car like this (the Lancer EVO Subaru WRX/STI look just doesn't do it unless you've got a wide body/drifter). AM do some splash guards with a Pony logo on... but I think they look a bit like something you'd find on an old Mini Metro.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
They look like the RPI Designs splash guards which I've also fitted on my front (only) wheels. Blend into the car nicely and not overly noticeable from most angles... which is what you want on a car like this (the Lancer EVO Subaru WRX/STI look just doesn't do it unless you've got a wide body/drifter). AM do some splash guards with a Pony logo on... but I think they look a bit like something you'd find on an old Mini Metro.
Did you pass on fitting the rears as well ... they require some sort of voodoo witchcraft black magic to fit. Binned them :D
Sponsored