Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Threads merged and now made a sticky..........good idea [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] :)
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Beat me to it!

I've stickied that one, too, and there link here means it's accessible from both the Europe and UK sections of the forum :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
the sequentials are not what are 'illegal' it's because it's from 3 bulbs in both front and rear of the car (If sequentials on tribar).
The mondeo is one LED light that just lights up from left to right, the Mustangs lights up in this process:
Left 1 on, left 1 off, left 2 on, left 2 off, left 3 on, left 3 off - repeat. (Change to right for Right indicator). If it was all in one bulb/LED strip, we'd be okay.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Diode dynamics make a plug in system to make the sequential rear lights work. Only issue is it also does the brake lights which will be pushing the law a bit.
Hopefully they will modify them to do just the indicators. I'm sure a lot of people will want them.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
the sequentials are not what are 'illegal' it's because it's from 3 bulbs in both front and rear of the car (If sequentials on tribar).
The mondeo is one LED light that just lights up from left to right, the Mustangs lights up in this process:
Left 1 on, left 1 off, left 2 on, left 2 off, left 3 on, left 3 off - repeat. (Change to right for Right indicator). If it was all in one bulb/LED strip, we'd be okay.
That's not how they work is it?

Like you say though, it's because they're seperate lamps rather than the sequential nature.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's not how they work is it?

Like you say though, it's because they're seperate lamps rather than the sequential nature.
True it's not, Left 1 on, left 2 on, left 3 on, left 1 on ...... you get the jist. There was a video i'd watched where it went on/off repeat for all 3 and then 'all on' after 3rd lit up. My bad!

Kiwimatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
Reviving this one a bit so the forum police don't get upset by posting on their build page :-)

So has anyone tried to get the EU lights sequential, surely there us a ECU in the lights that manages this. I like the EU look on magnetic GT but would love the sequential......perhaps a job for Caniggia? Or Papinist?

Any ideas? Also assuming they are RGB LED in there so colour not an issue?

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Reviving this one a bit so the forum police don't get upset by posting on their build page :-)

So has anyone tried to get the EU lights sequential, surely there us a ECU in the lights that manages this. I like the EU look on magnetic GT but would love the sequential......perhaps a job for Caniggia? Or Papinist?

Any ideas? Also assuming they are RGB LED in there so colour not an issue?
[MENTION=15204]Ian whu[/MENTION] has just installed the sequentials sent from Caniggia in the CO Orange thread, i've copied his video of it below. He's also got it so that the lights can switch between sequential and standard, looks really neat.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]q9F1xsQKJlM[/MEDIA]"]

Kiwimatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
Yeah but I want the clear EU lights just with he sequential, I think Ian's are US spec boxes are they not? Or did I miss something?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but I want the clear EU lights just with he sequential, I think Ian's are US spec boxes are they not? Or did I miss something?
Yeah Ian sent Caniggia US lights to convert. UK lights i'm assuming you'd either have to buy the UK lights as parts and send them over, or, take yours off and have your car out of action for a few weeks...

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yeah Ian sent Caniggia US lights to convert. UK lights i'm assuming you'd either have to buy the UK lights as parts and send them over, or, take yours off and have your car out of action for a few weeks...
Totally correct
Papinist got his euro lights done by [MENTION=9174]caniggia[/MENTION], but [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] tinted his lights red

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I keep looking at this and not sure what to do.
I actually like the clear rear lights but would love the sequential flashers, if I can turn them on and off.
I really want to get the front DRLs running but feel uncomfortable with the cost and sending my lights to Poland. Surely if a guy from Poland can do this, someone from the UK can..
I think I will wait and see what happens. I have quite a list of mods so will put this on a back burner for now.
Sponsored