papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
The pins are made specifically for the led boards (that white part is identical to the US one), and the led boards fit in it, but you won't risk having those bords rattling around inside the headlights in one month... :D
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Oh and you also beat DD that has not released yet his led switchback turning\running light housing - but I bet they won't release it anymore since MY2018 has different blinkers :)

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
It's this easy? I notice there are pins there, are these EU specific? I find it odd that the led boards didn't have cutouts to fit perfectly on these...

How did you secure the other end of the boards, I can't see you getting that black goo up there... (and what glue did you use?)
Really easy to do, first I was scared to do it, but after Bazzie's post, I figured to give it a go on my lights. The cut took around 10 minutes to do.
Everything else is as easy as the cut.

The pins are already in the light, you place the boards on top of it, then you glue them on the pins. For the pins that are on the other end in the lights, I used a home made thing to place the glue :
20170430_100833.jpg

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and you also beat DD that has not released yet his led switchback turning\running light housing - but I bet they won't release it anymore since MY2018 has different blinkers :)
:cheers: :cheers: :first: :first:

Yeah, I think we won't see this light coming out till end of the year. But I don't care anymore, I have now my custom light :ninja:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
For the pins that are on the other end in the lights, I used a home made thing to place the glue :
...and that wins the prize as "Tool of the month" :first:

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I still need to take apart the front of the car and remove the lights :-/ hmm...

Do "we" have a "home made" solution for the rear turn signals too?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I still need to take apart the front of the car and remove the lights :-/ hmm...

Do "we" have a "home made" solution for the rear turn signals too?
Maybe if DD or someone else comes up with replacement LED strips and EU drivers we could :D hint!

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think we will ever see a plug & play solution for the rear lights. For this mod, you need to send your lights to a company who can make it for you.

Of course you can buy some LED chips and a special driver to create your own home made solution :D

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's really easy, you remove the screws all around the bumper and then it comes out really quick :thumbsup:

Took me around 30 minutes to remove :cheers:

Sponsored

Poni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback
What you need :
- Sequential front turn signal light from Coplus
- 3w LED chips
- Power supply converter from DC12v to DC3,3V
- Switchback modul for DRL and Parking light use
Your setup is just great!
I just ordered switchbacks from Ebay, but now I want the Coplus lights instead. :D

Papinist said:
I must admit that this coplus sequential is not bad at all, of course because of your mod :D
Now you have to write a tutorial on how to add white drl leds and switchback function to it!!
+1 That would be awesome!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
That's really easy, you remove the screws all around the bumper and then it comes out really quick :thumbsup:

Took me around 30 minutes to remove :cheers:
I've heard... it's just a very intimidating task for me :D

I'll mess around with wires and computers and electronics all day... but putting iron to my lovely car is something different... :love:

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Thanks to a few goodies from PJ, today I put on the lower US grill, Black pony emblem and the APR Performance front splitter. Looks pretty aggressive. Very good quality, and very easy install once the front fascia was off.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Picked it up from the garage today... now my radio speaks proper Queens English instead of Trumpish ;) (meaning it also finally understands EU maps!) The nice guy there also fixed my roof issues, and they fixed the front panel alignment and trunk alignment two weeks ago when they fixed up my front (finally!!!)

So now my car is just about OEM perfect... time to make changes ;)

Got my fist, rubber mats! I'm so ready for a Norwegian summer now (yes it's wetter than winter :p)

Also placed an order for some other goodies which should be here Friday... no spoilers though.
Sponsored