Power Magic Pro +BlackVue Dash Cam Instal

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi,Can anyone tell me or link me in the UK for the 2017 Mustang S5.0 Fuse tap Leads to connect the Power Magic Pro (For The BlackVue Dash Cam) to the Fuse Box.
Thanks
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Not sure what colour wires are used on the blackview, but on my thinkware

It's fuse 2 for the permanent +. (Yellow wire for me)
And fuse 23 for the switched +. (Red wire for me)

Fuse 2 is the one on the left in this pic....:) fuse 23 is on the right

OP
OP
Black Thunder

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks where did you get the connectors from as mine has bare ends

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I too have gone for the blackvue DR650S-2CH with the power magic pro. It was on offer at Halfords. Thought I'd pay 30 pounds for the fitting as well but they send we don't want to do it as it's it's a high end car and we don't want to damage it.

So I guess it's a weekend job for Sunday.

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Future GT S550 owner... hopefully
Just picking up on the dashcam thread, this is probably a stupid question, but if you can power a 12v radar detector from the rear view mirror, can you power a dashcam?

I'm guessing the amps will be the issue, but thought I would ask the question to see if anyone had tried it.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Just picking up on the dashcam thread, this is probably a stupid question, but if you can power a 12v radar detector from the rear view mirror, can you power a dashcam?

I'm guessing the amps will be the issue, but thought I would ask the question to see if anyone had tried it.
It's probably something to do with the dash cams needing a switched and a permanent +.... maybe the mirror feed is only live with the ignition on:shrug:

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I currently have mine plugged into the centre console cig lighter. its working perfectly. battery hasn't died on me even though I leave it plugged in overnight.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I do love a good thread revival!

I was treated to a Blackvue DR750S 1CH for my birtday last week...it comes with the power magic box as a freebie but I'm debating whether or not to install it.

Can anyone with one of the Blackvue units installed shed any light on how it's connected up? Either with the power magic or without, in particular where the power magic box is located. I'd prefer all the wiring to be completely out of sight for obvious reasons, and if installing the power magic box means screwing it to some interior trim then I probably won't bother! I did have a search on the forum but couldn't find the answer I was looking for...

Thanks

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
I've got a DR750S mounted in my 'vert - it's not got the Power Magic box (yet)

I've got a cigarette socket connected via a fuse tap into Fuse 23 & earth, which lives next to the fuse box, the power cable then runs hidden up to the camera.

I am considering a Power Magic box, but like you would want it hidden out of sight. Mine was a touch more tricky to install as I've got the 'vert and so cable running was a bit of a pain, but should be easier for you.

One thing to note - there will be an excess of power cable, so you might want to wrap it in something soft so that it won't rattle if it touches the plastic interior.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I’ve got both these installed in mine, good bits of kit and very discrete which I really like. The parking mode is great and reassuring when you leave your pride n joy parked in the supermarket. It won’t stop your car getting damaged but at least I’ll have half a chance of seeing who did it with the front and rear cameras.

Relatively easy job to fit albeit you need to remove a few bits of trim to fit it neatly.

Only issue was the micro wire taps as per the link above are too fat to fit into the fuse box so I had to file down some of the black plastic to make then thin enough to fit in the slot.

It’s a tight squeeze getting down into the rear of the footwell particularly if you’re 6’3” !!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Relatively easy job to fit albeit you need to remove a few bits of trim to fit it neatly.
Is it too much trouble to ask for some pics? :) I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out but having an example to hand would really help me out I think.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I do love a good thread revival!

I was treated to a Blackvue DR750S 1CH for my birtday last week...it comes with the power magic box as a freebie but I'm debating whether or not to install it.

Can anyone with one of the Blackvue units installed shed any light on how it's connected up? Either with the power magic or without, in particular where the power magic box is located. I'd prefer all the wiring to be completely out of sight for obvious reasons, and if installing the power magic box means screwing it to some interior trim then I probably won't bother! I did have a search on the forum but couldn't find the answer I was looking for...

Thanks
Someone drove into my car in Oct 17. A week later the driver claimed I drove into their car and was claiming injury, etc.
No DC then, but a single witness who eventually gave a statement supporting my description of events, meant blame for the accident was correctly given to the other driver.

Shortly after that I bought Blackvue DR750s-2CH for both cars.
Initially I ran them from the 12v power socket in the trunk or the centre console.
However, I had issues with the socket plug losing connection to the socket, no power to the DC and no power for parking mode!
So I decided to fit an HDigitaleye NEO6 battery pack.

I'm down to my daily driver at the mo, while my Mustang has left the factory and is on it's way to me.
So, I've no experience of a specific Mustang install, but I've found wiring the DC into a fuse cluster, is preferable to using the 12v sockets.
My current set up is battery pack wired into an ignition on, live fuse using one of the items Enoch has given a link for ^^
Then the battery charges while I drive.
The DCs are connected to the battery pack.

I've also had issues at MOT time, when testers have either unplugged and removed the front DC, without permission.
Or won't pass the car, claiming the front DC invades the swept area, too much and fails the MOT rules for driver vision, etc.
So ime, pay attention to where you mount the front DC.
I've found DR750s to be Ok, but setting up can be a learning curve, esp with G sensitivity, locking event files and filling the SD card.

On the plus side, it's more peace of mind, that if something should happen.
Hopefully you capture who, what, where & when, etc.
:like:
Sponsored