Germany

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm moving to Germany in about half a year, and I'm wondering how strict the road laws are for things like tint/exhaust. I wanted to do corsa xtreme with catless headers, but I'm not sure that'd fly there. Looking for any advice but any US Military in the KMC area who could give me the run down would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm moving to Germany in about half a year, and I'm wondering how strict the road laws are for things like tint/exhaust. I wanted to do corsa xtreme with catless headers, but I'm not sure that'd fly there. Looking for any advice but any US Military in the KMC area who could give me the run down would be greatly appreciated.
You WILL BE required to remove ANY window film tint from you driver/passanger windows.

They do an exhuast test and it must be under 92 or 95 decimal test.

You may hear that people that were here before got arround the test by getting it tested with factory exhuast then replacing it after they get their sticker. However; there was a recent article on one of the military news papers stars and stripes or airforce times; that stated that Kaiserslautern was putting together a police taskforce to target modded cars.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Look me up when you arrive, I live in downtown K-town.
But yeah like [MENTION=18204]lemers[/MENTION] said any tint at all on the drivers or passengers side windows will be an insta-fail.
The Exhaust test is done 1 meter from the exhaust tip at 45 degrees from center of the exhaust or right in the middle of twin tips, 1 meter from each, the car is then reved to 1/2 redline so around 3200 rpm for a Coyote. and they fail us at 92 decibels although 95 is the legal limit in Germany:headbonk: the db meter they use is super sensitive too.

OP
OP
ShadowFox

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hmmmm that's no fun, windows are already tinted down here :(, I might just risk it and go with the set up after the inspection, I'm tired of the stock exhaust. I'll just focus on other mods for now lol.

I think I saw that paper in the BX, I'll have to read up on it though, appreciate the insight--Glenn, shoot me a PM, if you have a Facebook.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I keep hearing the rumor that insurance doesnt cover accedents if you were driving over 130 kph.

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I keep hearing the rumor that insurance doesnt cover accedents if you were driving over 130 kph.
Like every insurance company they just wait to fook you over but they need to prove it first - one of many German rumors.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I think limited modification for unlimited speed is a fair trade. In reality stock cars are going to be on average the safest and most reliable. Obviously when they are going to let people drive the car however they want they want them to be as safe as possible.

My experience with Germans is that they are pretty sensible as a country.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If you're going to mod...buy the mods, leave them boxed up and put them in with your house-hold goods shipment. When you get to Deutschland get your car inspected, then mod away. I recommend Corsa Sports...not the extremes. If you cruise below 3K you won't even know they are there.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Although you have to give up on some, there are still a lot of acceptable mods. You are coming to a country with a strong car culture, so there is little to no chance of being bored. The trade off is that you can drive the car the way it was meant to be driven--with no limits, and do so safely. Fair trade in my mind...

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Although you have to give up on some, there are still a lot of acceptable mods. You are coming to a country with a strong car culture, so there is little to no chance of being bored. The trade off is that you can drive the car the way it was meant to be driven--with no limits, and do so safely. Fair trade in my mind...
With all due respect - you sound like a typical German.
Sponsored