2015/2016 EU Mustang - Lightning stuff

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to get my RED LED only (based on EU white models) tails installed before the weekend (Lux event) but it's either braking lights working or turnsignal. We had them working but after a test drive they stopped doing what they have to do.

in BE RED is allowed as turnsignal, sequential must be as well as we can see Golf and audis now with sequential and it's on the option list of Volvo S90/V90.

Annoying little thing is indeed no break light in the light acting as turnsignal. Why is this different in the US ?

Hope this will not block me at the first technical inspection in year 4.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Thanks for that!

Another thought: If someone more experienced than the rest of us is willing to dig into it, I would suggest that we all send him an amount by PayPal, so that he buys this damaged item, as well as any other parts necessary for the info we need in order to build a sequential taillight. Then he will do his research, buy all the parts he needs ... et voila, we will end up with our own taillight! We can even commercialize it if we want!

Would you be willing to do that? Personally I am in! :headbang:
Don't want to turn you off but.. why should we do all that work to get a result already achieved? I could agree if there is no option, but now that there are already two alternatives, I would not invest time and money to achieve a goal already achieved :) and I don't think at the end that we would have saved money!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Correct. Just a thought!

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Trying to get my RED LED only (based on EU white models) tails installed before the weekend (Lux event) but it's either braking lights working or turnsignal. We had them working but after a test drive they stopped doing what they have to do..
This is probably caused by the Body Control Module. It cuts out light functions that are behaving different than expected. I had a similar issue with my modified US tail lights. They worked fine but after braking once the normal light function failed. It would come back on after restarting the engine.

Last edited:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
We (PJ and me) got it working last night thanks to the precious help of John (live call !!) and Papinist's post suggesting to use the sub as 12V source !!

Just wondering why the green/brown (thicker cable) has no longer 12V output... Tested all the fuses (at least the smaller ones, don't even know if the bigger ones are fuses, and and all reported 11.77V and with engine on 14.2V). Manual doesn't see anything on fuses for the taillights. Swapped fuse 6/7/8 with PJ's fuses but no effect. These seems to impact only front lights.

What is this brown(reddish)/green cable supposed to provide power to as I get no error messages and everything seems to work fine...
Question is should I worry about it and find a solution or all fine as it is...?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
looking good

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Nice. Was the installation easy? Did you have to remove the bumper?

Sponsored
OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Nice. Was the installation easy? Did you have to remove the bumper?
Installation is easy, if you don't modify the light to have withe LEDs as DRL, then it's really plug & play.

To install I removed the bumper, but you can reach everything from the fender or from under the car by removing the under-car engine cover :thumbsup:

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Went to PJ for the sequential front lights and the DD sidemarkers.
Sequential front lights work perfectly but still have to have put on a switch so the old ones can blink instead of sequential.
The sidemarkers were connected on the 12v from the subwoofer but saw at home they still work even when cutting engine and closed doors.
Any ideas?
But when I put car in garage I saw the ponys in the side mirrors no longer work.
Is this just as etting I have to change somewhere or could there be another reason?
Tips are welcome as I like to see them!

[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] maybe any idea where the puddle lights get their signal from for this pretty buy :D? The lights in this car are starting to piss me off :frusty::lol:

For the sidemarkers any other source we can use then the one from the license plate (Kris' dealer has put this super fat brackets on their, so the light can't drop. So another 12V source somewhere in the trunk would be handy :D).

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Here you go, please do the following :

Sidemarkers :

If you cant get the signal from the licence plate light, you can follow my write up and get the signal from the tail lights, I works well on my car. Please don't use the signal from the subwoofer for the sidermakers as this is a constant +12v. So when you close you car, the sidemarkers will remain on.

Better to get the signal from the parking light on the tail lights.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1191585&postcount=1

Pony projection :

From what I remember, on manual cars, they only come on when you put the hand brake. When not, they don't lit up.

Can you try this ?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
@John577 @papinist maybe any idea where the puddle lights get their signal from for this pretty buy :D? The lights in this car are starting to piss me off :frusty::lol:

For the sidemarkers any other source we can use then the one from the license plate (Kris' dealer has put this super fat brackets on their, so the light can't drop. So another 12V source somewhere in the trunk would be handy :D).
Just remove the dang brackets & stick to the original. :D