Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well my adventure continues. The car is over getting ceramic coated at Imperial Works in Sacramento. This is the last bit of preparation before the Fabulous Fords Forever show in Buena Park at the end of this month. I stopped in to check out the cars progress and drop off a few things. I have to say that the Ceramic coating has a definite effect on the depth of the paint, and shine on the exposed carbon fiber. I will highlight it more in a different post, but I wanted to show how my S550 Carbon mirror caps came out

DSC_0769_zpstz399yxw.jpg

I also wanted to share some teaser photos of the new parts I am happily going to debut for S550 Carbon. They will be releasing a hood vent and fender vents for our cars. I provided some input on a new variation of the GT350 Hood Vent. This is an all carbon fiber piece with a metal black mesh screen. It is inspired by the 13-14 GT500 as to keep some mustang heritage. They have also sent me one of, if not the first, set of all carbon fiber fender vents. A second option for the fender vents will be a carbon fiber / plastic hybrid.

Overall impressions are very good. I will get more detailed about fitment and quality after they have been ceramic coated. I had to drop them off at the detail shop and did not get to do any test fitting or mocking up. Once I do I will provide a detailed review. S550 Carbon has been really good about taking my input on changes or improvements so I have enjoyed working with Dan. For now I will leave you with these, and please post your thoughts as they will be coming to market soon.

DSC_0773_zpslsvxlxdr.jpg

DSC_0770_zps9chgtuil.jpg

DSC_0776_zpsk46kx3cf.jpg

DSC_0777_zpsly83b5ta.jpg
[
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Ahh damnn. I've been trying to get several vendors to make a carbon hood vent....but zero luck. I guess 50 has the magic touch.

I want one!!!
I have been waiting over 6 months for this piece. Once I get it installed later this week I will post up some information and a review. I will also find out when they will be available to order

1Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I have been waiting over 6 months for this piece. Once I get it installed later this week I will post up some information and a review. I will also find out when they will be available to order
Any updates on the carbon fiber parts? They look real nice in the pics

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
50, what did you end up doing with the holes in the trunk? I'm in the same boat.
Just bought a new stripe to lay down over it. Working on a custom plug solution but time is the thing I am lacking.

Ahh damnn. I've been trying to get several vendors to make a carbon hood vent....but zero luck. I guess 50 has the magic touch.

I want one!!!
I just got lucky bro
Any updates on the carbon fiber parts? They look real nice in the pics
Thanks man. S550 Carbon has been doing a great job so far. i was gone all weekend for Fabulous Fords and didn't have time to work on the car while down there. I just need to find the time to get them on

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice... like to see prices.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Did you use their mirror caps or are those from another supplier? Also, did you go with complete caps or an overlay?

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looks nice... like to see prices.
Pricing for the fender vents are listed on their web page, but the hood vent isn't yet. I will get that for you
Did you use their mirror caps or are those from another supplier? Also, did you go with complete caps or an overlay?
I used their mirror caps also, and it is an all CF overlay to put on top of the existing black piece.

They have held up well, but did require a little bit of polishing. I am working with them now to ensure they spend a little more up front to ensure the clear coat applied protects against any UV damage or hazing.

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
I'm interested in the vent as well as I think the stock one is def lacking.