v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
23 years as an age in politics. Too far in the future for the current government to worry about even if they win three consecutive terms. Norway are converting to electric cars far sooner in only 10 years. 50% of all new car sales in Norway are electric TODAY!

As for the generation. The grid in UK couldn't handle charging all these cars and the population density is too great for people to charge them at home as many people don't have anywhere to plug them in at home.
France is fine because they generate the vast majority of their power from nuclear. The UK doesn't. I can only see it working for those who have a driveway and therefore a secure charge location, and where generation is local i.e. Solar on the roof of your house and therefore no massive localised capacity problems on the national grid when everyone if a densely populated city plugs their cars in at 6pm after work.
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
this is why i got a 5.0 instead of the ecoboost. Its one of the best times ever to get a v8.....before everything is 4 cylinder boosted, or electric. Eh whatever, this makes since i mean gas engines have been around for over 100 years. The only reason why we dont have things like this sooner, is because oil companies holding back advancement of technology for profits. Im glad to see the oil industry dropping. I say that as i drive a 5.0 lol

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So recently, as you have probably read, France plans to ban Gas/Diesel vehicles by 2040.

Today apparently Britain announced the same.

Wonder what the US will do in the near future.

2040 is 23 years away. Far and yet not that far.

I'll be close to 70 but if I am still able-bodied, I am sure I will still want to drive a good old fashioned performance car.

Maybe I'll still have my Mustang or have a newer by then but can't imagine if I can drive it anymore.

Oh man the world is changing and I don't think I like it...

Look at all the delays that the US took to switch from SD broadcasts to HD. Even if the US tried to pass something like this, it wouldn't happen that fast, and it would have to be in phases, like stopping the sell of gas/ diesel cars by a certain date, then not allowing new parts for gas engines so existing ones cant be fixed, then stopping the sell of gas/diesel to the general public. And they will do some kind of government buy out program to get gas/diesel cars off the streets.

Doing all this in the US by 2040 will not work in our political environment.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Germany 2030

German law requires that all "new" cars MY 2030 are ZERO emmisions. That means electric driven. That's only 12 model years from now. :tsk:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
German law requires that all "new" cars MY 2030 are ZERO emmisions. That means electric driven. That's only 12 model years from now. :tsk:
Zero emissions is a fallacy. The true meaning is the politicians took bribes to make laws that benefit some large corporations. The modern politician who actually serves the public is nearly extinct.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just love Googling the cons of electrical cars and all I get are, limited range, higher cost (which they offset with lower maintenance cost) and lack of consumer choice. They don’t even mention that the entire electric infrastructure needs revamped to support the EVs and who’s going to pay for that. All moving parts wear. Battery disposal.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i find it hilarious they are using nitrous oxide emissions as a reason for this ban. When it was europe who pushed, subsidized diesels, penalized gasoline engines. Diesels emit far more NOx than gasoline engines (byproduct of high compression combustion), and why is it all the diesels that seem to be cheating on emissions tests. Law of unintended consequences strike again

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/10/diesel-how-it-changed-europe-and-how-europe-might-change-back/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...erts-say-green-fuel-killing-thousands-us.html

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Governments do this to press innovation in specific areas - in this case battery technology. And they do this because they probably are aware of technology in the pipeline that could enable this ONLY if there is international investment. Someone will profit. It's very simple.

But the ignorance of people who advocate for battery-powered cars is incredible. RARE EARTH METAL... mined often by children without shoes. Hypocritical idiots.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
We're now in full winning mode...withdrawing from that BS Paris climate accord was fantastic.

#MAGA

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
But the ignorance of people who advocate for battery-powered cars is incredible. RARE EARTH METAL... mined often by children without shoes. Hypocritical idiots.
With much of it located in communist China, North Korea and Russia. Brilliant!

Besides, European countries are much more compact and have a far superior public transportation system. Here in the US, we are quite spread out...and with the exception of a few major cities, our public transportation system sucks.

The other big issue with fully converting to electric vehicles is...how do you get them in the hands of the lower class? In order for the less fortunate to be able to afford these vehicles, they need to be a good 10-15 year old on the used market. Of course, a 15 year old battery is likely going to need to be replaced. $$$$

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Zero emissions is a fallacy. The true meaning is the politicians took bribes to make laws that benefit some large corporations. The modern politician who actually serves the public is nearly extinct.
agreed.
Sponsored