Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Drivers race.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Idk. I'd say the 2018 GT Wins nearly all the time with the auto.

The manual will be a drivers race.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
im wondering if the gt with all the performance options will be able to hang with a 1le at all around a track. in a drag race i agree that would come down to the driver.

Sponsored

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
460hp 420lb with 10 speed auto. There will be a lot of threads with these comparisons soon.

OMEN_STAR

American Muscle
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monther
Vehicle(s)
Camaro 2SS/1LE
ummmm i still need to see it in real life test

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
What will be left for the tuners to do to the updated coyote? Redline now at 7,500..seems like there won't be much of anywhere to go.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
What will be left for the tuners to do to the updated coyote? Redline now at 7,500..seems like there won't be much of anywhere to go.
Air/fuel/timing per given rpm range.

There's plenty to do.

This isn't Ford just tuning the thing to the max.

But it's much more efficient.

It will take most tuners a bit to catch on. But there should be s couple who will make gains within a couple months.

Last edited:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Stock vs Stock its a drivers race but little bit of edge to the gt with pp package and auto 10 speed using drag mode. On the road coarse the new gtpp with magna ride should edge both camaro ss and skatpack. Even the current car can handle a skatpack on a road coarse. I can't wait to see Motortrends Head2Head for 2018 GTPP to Camaro SS. But if i know those bastards, they will put the GTPP against the new 1LE not regular SS. With the tire advantage, the 1LE will take it. But i m 100% sure the new car will be faster than an M4, M3 and regular SS.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
im wondering if the gt with all the performance options will be able to hang with a 1le at all around a track. in a drag race i agree that would come down to the driver.
The current PP1 wont for sure. Who knows what Ford has up their sleve for the PP2 in the fall. If they use the parts bin approach like chevy did. And sneak a few parts off of the GT350. They may very well put up a very good fight.

Air/fuel/timing per given rpm range.

There's plenty to do.

This isn't Ford just tuning the thing to the max.

But it's much more efficient.

It will take most tuners a bit to catch on. But there should be s couple who will make gains within a couple months.
I think your right. But the gains wont be as extreme as they are now. Just like the current Camaro doesn't gain a ton of performance from a 93 tune. Because they have been push farther from the factory.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The current PP1 wont for sure. Who knows what Ford has up their sleve for the PP2 in the fall. If they use the parts bin approach like chevy did. And sneak a few parts off of the GT350. They may very well put up a very good fight.

I think your right. But the gains wont be as extreme as they are now. Just like the current Camaro doesn't gain a ton of performance from a 93 tune. Because they have been push farther from the factory.
Perhaps not quite the return we see now. But I'm thinking it will still be substantial.

The DOHC nature of the Coyote opens it up a bit more.
Sponsored