Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

BrandonB

Tinted Window Licker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Oxford 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered mine; Oxford White Base GT with a simple 301A upgrade. Threw in the security package because it pays for itself on insurance..

IMG_7376.jpg

The dealership knows I'm an x-plan, but does anyone think there's any wiggle room for negotiation when the car arrives? May not be the thread to discuss it but this is the first ordered new car I've done with Ford and I'm all ears for anyone's opinion through PM maybe?
Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I'm keeping my 2015 3.7 V6. I can't see paying $50,000 for a 2018 stang. Put $5000 down and making payment's of $600+. Been there, done that.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Just contacted one dealer I have been looking at and they told me it's still not open yet. Will try calling a different one later, might also just walk in to my local dealer and see what's what

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
What kind of deal do you think I can get if I place an order late November or late December? Thanks.
Good question, I got 2500 off in Feb of 15, so you will be able to get below MSRP for sure. Also, good to look into x-plan, guaranteed savings.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
For those of you ordering, congrats, the 2018 looks to be a fantastic car! Regardless of opinions on looks with us earlier S550 owners, the 2018 will be a great driver with lots of power (and 100% Mustang)! Can't wait to hear your take on its performance and see them next to me on the road! :cheers:

Sponsored

Scharnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Kona Blue
I don't have a picture of the build sheet but I ordered:

2018 GT Premium
Kona Blue
401a
Midnight Blue interior
Security Package
Performance Package
Active Exhaust
MagneRide Dampers

Gonna be a long wait :ford::rolleyes:

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I'm keeping my 2015 3.7 V6. I can't see paying $50,000 for a 2018 stang. Put $5000 down and making payment's of $600+. Been there, done that.
I thought this thread was for sharing 2018 order information. What kind of person denigrates somebody for doing something they've done themselves. Let these people order what they want in peace without you going out of your way to troll their decisions.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

2018 GT Premium
Kona Blue
401a
Midnight Blue interior
Security Package
Performance Package
Active Exhaust
MagneRide Dampers

Wow, exactly what I'm going to order.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I know this is an Orders Places thread, but...I want in on the 2018s even if I can't get one right now. I can dream, and if was buying today this is what I'd get.

- GT 301A
- Orange Fury
- 10 speed
- PP/magride
- Enhanced security
- Active exhaust

It comes out to be $47,065 on the build and price website. $47k for a base GT is a lot of coin, but I think it would be a great car. Just can't justify it with my current travel opportunities. I'd rather see the world while I can instead of buy the car right now, even though I want one really bad.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E

2018 GT Premium
Kona Blue
401a
Midnight Blue interior
Security Package
Performance Package
Active Exhaust
MagneRide Dampers

Which dealer do you use in Phoenix?

Sponsored

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just went in and placed my order. I dont believe the actual order banks are open yet, but they put it in the computer and gave me the preview sheet and will give me the confirmation sheet once it goes in and gets accepted. He said it for some reason didnt list the x plan on this sheet probably because the banks arent open as of right now, even though i already have the xplan pricing online. It does however show the invoice price of items. Im going to have them hopefully change it to a stock order instead of retail so it comes in faster. I originally wanted mageride, but could not justify the cost with adding on the PP.

here is the preview sheet i got like i usually get from them when i order. As usually, i did not have to give a deposit down since i have ordered from them many times in the past.

The wait begins again.....

2018 mustang order-1.jpg
Oh my...that price hurt my feelings. I get Z-plan and I'd still be scared to see what it looks like. Still...can wait to see what you guys do with these 18's.

Last edited:

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Pretty sure this is what I am going to order:

2018 Ecoboost Premium
fury orange
10 speed auto
201A
safe & smart
enhanced security

Just trying to figure out timing. Never ordered before, part of me wants to take a chance on finding that combo on a dealers lot, but I do not want to pay for extras I don't want.

Only thing I don't like about ordering is you can't anticipate incentives. Since you can only get incentives from when the car comes in, could potentially be leaving hudreds to a couple thousand on the table.
I have ordered my last 2 vehicles ('15 GT, '17 F250). Dealer told me if they ran credit along with the order, and got approval, any existing incentives would be honored upon delivery and if incentives got better, I'd get those as well.
'15 Mustang took exactly 6 weeks from order to delivery....but I ordered in the Spring of '15 so the new model had been out for several months. Did the same with '17 F250.....ordered in April and came in 30 days later. I think if you live close enough to the factory, the car will only ship via truck and never hit the rail yard.....seems rail transport extends the lead-time for Special Order vehicles. Short of finding a screaming deal on a dealer's lot, I will only do Special Orders going forward. You get exactly what you want and it really doesn't take that long....in the grand scheme of things.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
PP2?

Is anyone waiting for the details on the Performance Pack Level 2 to come out first?

I am on the fence for a Base GT with the PP1 and A10 trans. They don't offer the Recaros in cloth anymore...only for that new PP2 (but without the A10 :mad:)

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Is anyone waiting for the details on the Performance Pack Level 2 to come out first?

I am on the fence for a Base GT with the PP1 and A10 trans. They don't offer the Recaros in cloth anymore...only for that new PP2 (but without the A10 :mad:)
Same here.
If ordering today Id go PP, A10. A10 for later FI, manual if staying stock and tracking.

A10 vs Manual thoughts:
A10 faster on street
A10 likely faster w FI, and with 600+rwhp I need both hands for the wheel.
Manual likely more durable for track and more engaging to drive.
Last track car was manual NSX, but interested in testing A10 tech even if I roast it tracking.

Would skip 4point only recaros: any seats will be replaced with track seats supporting 6 point. Must have low profile seat mounts for helmet room. If PP2 recaros are low mountable 6 point instead of 4 then would be great.
6 point or road race bar w 6 point harness.
If PP2 is stripped down track car, woukd be really happy.

Dream PP2 (hey! Dream big!):
Low mount sliders with 6 point seats, or cheap seats that we can replace with our own choice
Only one color option white (dip or wrap if you want),
Seam tack welds more often in critical areas (full welded seams too expensive?)
cheapest interior for removal
Cheapest stereo for minimal hands free phone support
Cheapest AC (but freakn durable! - my 200k mile 06 Accord AC (marysville ohio built) worked great for all three times my 15 stang AC has been serviced under warranty
AC compressor clutch out timer for 60 sec after last WOT, 75% throttle, G force over .80 event etc. etc.
Cheapest or no interior materials.
Removable door panels for pulling door glass at track or replace w plastic windows
Oil cooler drivers fender
Trans n diff cooler passenger side
Diverted air to air curtain diff and get exhaust heat off it?
Adjustable/removable rear hood coping gap for airflow, maybe hood gurney or rear hood spoiler kick
Better provisions for adding front brake ducts
Factory SRF brake fluid
Factory trackside easy adjustable front and rear camber: plates front(ie like camaro), indexed turnbuckle rear
Suspension joints direct bearing/spherical/ non compliant bushing
Factory fuel tank hydramat pump pickup right side
True split tank: fillup pass side to overflow into drivers, pump pulls from right, left, or both, and we can just run right tank only at track for less fuel on board if wrecked.
Design so we can add our own underside sheet metal tank cover more easily
Design for adding second metal tank port cover to minimize fuel into cabin chances
PDR or other performance driving data logging w video.
Wifi burst upload of accel data to marshalls (balance of power Time Trial grassroots event support: support bop tunes)
Joint test w GM to develop BOP plan to formally support hpde solo Time Trial and mixed field TT for Camaro and Mustang.

Last edited: