Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Going by next Tuesday to get my order in for my 2018 GT PP Coupe. Now to wait till tomorrow till the configurator is up and I can get it just right! I'm so excited. I should hopefully get it by December if everything goes right :D
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I am curious why everyone is so eager to order since by the time ordered cars show up, there will be hundreds of them on the lots, typically cheaper than even with x-plan...

Unless someone is going for specific, very rare combination of options...

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious why everyone is so eager to order since by the time ordered cars show up, there will be hundreds of them on the lots, typically cheaper than even with x-plan...

Unless someone is going for specific, very rare combination of options...
I just want to make sure that I get what I want. And I want it specked out. Why not get it the way I want with the options I want? :)

Stitches1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado
I just want to make sure that I get what I want. And I want it specked out. Why not get it the way I want with the options I want? :)
Exactly why I'm ordering mine. If I'm buying new, I want it optioned the way I want it.

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have ordered my last 2 vehicles...2015 Base GT PP Recaros Guard Metallic and 2017 F250 CC Lariat FX4 6.2.
The dealer nearest me is a 1 price store (invoice + rebates) and, yes, you could likely save a few bucks buying off the lot at other dealers but, as others have noted, when ordering, you get exactly what you want. In the case of the '15 GT, I could not find a base car, in Guard Metallic with Recaro seats anywhere in the country at that time. F250 I ordered because most trucks, sitting on lots, had expensive options I didn't want or need. Mustang took 6 weeks to arrive. F250 took only 30 days.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Have ordered every new car I bought since age 21...... It makes it more "Personal" right off the bat. When it arrives it has your DNA all over it!!! Like....you actually gave birth to that car!! ;);)

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Have ordered every new car I bought since age 21...... It makes it more "Personal" right off the bat. When it arrives it has your DNA all over it!!! Like....you actually gave birth to that car!! ;);)
Not that I'm too familiar with the Canadian automotive marketplace, but I get the impression they might be a bit better with customer ordering?

The U.S. marketplace seems to frown heavily on customer ordering for cars, which results in terribly inflexible packaging of optional equipment by the manufacturers or their regional distributors.

In the developed nations/markets within Europe and Asia, it is typical for cars to be ordered though and "not on the lot", unlike here where we are mostly forced to go off of dealer inventory.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Not that I'm too familiar with the Canadian automotive marketplace, but I get the impression they might be a bit better with customer ordering?

The U.S. marketplace seems to frown heavily on customer ordering for cars, which results in terribly inflexible packaging of optional equipment by the manufacturers or their regional distributors.

In the developed nations/markets within Europe and Asia, it is typical for cars to be ordered though and "not on the lot", unlike here where we are mostly forced to go off of dealer inventory.
Although I kinda see where you're going with this....but I ordered my Mustang April 18 2015 and received it June 6 2015 ...that's 7 weeks and my car was built in Flat Rock like all the others. My 2012 BMW 6 Coupe was 14 months from order date. All new design etc...but I waited. My 2008 Accord Coupe was 8 weeks...fast boat I think??

Things might be different when Trump closes down all foreign plants and builds every car in the US???

Wanna buy an Acadian or Beaumont SD 396 ??? Maybe a Mercury pickup !! Only made in Canada...EH !! :cheers::cheers:

FYI..did y'all know our country's population is less than California alone!!! .... Then you have all the rest of your Country. That's a lot of cars!!

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Although I kinda see where you're going with this....but I ordered my Mustang April 18 2015 and received it June 6 2015 ...that's 7 weeks and my car was built in Flat Rock like all the others. My 2012 BMW 6 Coupe was 14 months from order date. All new design etc...but I waited. My 2008 Accord Coupe was 8 weeks...fast boat I think??

Things might be different when Trump closes down all foreign plants and builds every car in the US???

Wanna buy an Acadian or Beaumont SD 396 ??? Maybe a Mercury pickup !! Only made in Canada...EH !! :cheers::cheers:

FYI..did y'all know our country's population is less than California alone!!! .... Then you have all the rest of your Country. That's a lot of cars!!
Hmm, I'm jell-uhz that your order took only 7 weeks. LOL Your BMW though, I'm not surprised. Wait list I figure for the F12, during the 2011 launch year? I think that vehicles in that category, take longer in Canada for the luxury segment. Lexus' new 6-Series competitor, has wait lists in Canada into late next year.

The Accord Coupe is built in Ohio, so that might explain why it only took 8 weeks. Nice vehicle choices BTW:D What do you think about the new 8-Series?

I actually never caught that fact regarding Canada vs California. Color me shocked on that, WOW! :eyebulge:
Sponsored