Sponsored

Disappointing Customer Service

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
So... I bought an catted exhaust system with long tube headers from Texas Speed a few weeks ago and I finally got an opening in my busy schedule to drive my 16GT to my installer this Tuesday. This afternoon I get a call from my installer telling me that he couldn't finish the job because I didnt supply him with the necessary parts. He said I was missing the catted X pipe. This cant be... I get on the phone to Texas Speed telling them they didnt send the catted X pipe and now my car is sitting up on a lift waiting... The rep tells me to hold on and he is going to find out what the issue is.... hmmmm (Waiting on hold for 17mins).. Rep comes back and says.... We sent you the package via Fed Ex and the weight was 55lbs and thats what is should be... (Steam coming from outta my nose, ears and yes... my a$$!!!

Wait this gets better ..... Keep reading....

Their rep asks me to take pics of what I have and send it to him so that he can verify what was delivered... My reply: Sorry.. Did you not hear what I said in the beginning of this conversation... My car is at the shop on a lift waiting for the part you forgot to send me .. (SMFH) OMG!!!!

I gave the rep the shops # and said if you want pics you'll have to call them and ask them to send them to you.

Hold on... Climax coming!!!

The rep calls me back after he reviewed the pics and said that they shipped me the wrong mid pipe and will send me the correct one today.

My Reply: Are you going to overnight it to the shop thats doing my install??

Texas Rep: Nope... Cant do that...

My face is beat red and steam coming outta everywhere ....

Me: Well... When can you send it??

Rep: I can send to you today and you'll get it next Wednesday.. Needless to say, this is not what I wanna hear. I said.. You messed up my $1300 order and now I wont get it till middle of next week.... OMFG!!! Now I have to wait for the part and then drive it back to the shop to finish the job. This is why I hate stupid people. Dont get me wromg.. The headers are awesome but when the customer service doesnt go along with it... It means nothing!

Rant over....
Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Shit happens...in all honesty they acknowledged they made a mistake and are shipping you the correct part(s). I get the frustration, but they asked for photos because people LIE and needed verification. And as far as not sending it to your shop means they may have gotten burned before by customers claiming they didn't get it etc. and depending on where they are, some places couldn't get there overnite even if they wanted too.

If they shipped it out today then I would say that's pretty good customer service.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
What good is a picture if you can remove the item you want another of before taking the photo?
Sorry, that's f'd up in so many ways with that line of thinking.
Well, if I ever go that route, they're off my list.

I can see if you're car is not on a lift in a shop waiting on the part shipping regular ground. But when they screw the pooch, they should be willing to step up to the plate and get your car back to you ASAP.

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You had the box for weeks but you never bothered to see what's in it. You should have checked and inspected the items and all this would have been fixed. They are human and they make mistakes just like you and me so dont act like is the end of the world.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
What good is a picture if you can remove the item you want another of before taking the photo?
Sorry, that's f'd up in so many ways with that line of thinking.
Well, if I ever go that route, they're off my list.

I can see if you're car is not on a lift in a shop waiting on the part shipping regular ground. But when they screw the pooch, they should be willing to step up to the plate and get your car back to you ASAP.
Maybe they wanted a pic so they could see what they found out after discussing it with the shop, which is that they DID send a pipe but it was the wrong one.

OP, they made a mistake. Stuff happens. I've had my GT back to the exhaust shop THREE times to fix a simple rattle. They finally got it. I don't know if it was their fault or not, but they've been working on it free of charge several months after install and they're more than cool about it every time.

Why get mad? You're healthy (I presume) and make enough money to blow $1,300 on exhaust for a play-toy car. Sounds like your life is probably in pretty good shape, ya know?

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Yes, shit happens.....did you offer to pay for the overnight delivery?? Maybe meet them halfway??

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Sounds like good customer service to me. You messed up, they are fixing the error and surprisingly after so long as well.

You state you hate stupid people, yet your post is full of OMFG!!!!! SMFH!!! (what does that even mean?)

They acknowledged and are rectifying it. No need to complain.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Supplier Error

The supplier made a big mistake.

Your car is unable to be finished.

They need to send it overnight to make it right.

This is marginal customer service. They need to do better than this.

CVCashmere

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Smart and experienced tradesman check their material list before starting an install. Regardless of industry its a good practice. Its unfortunate they made a mistake, but expecting them to pay several hundred dollars in overnight fees isnt reasonable or a good business practice. Im sure there margins arent that good in the first place.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Shit happens...in all honesty they acknowledged they made a mistake and are shipping you the correct part(s). I get the frustration, but they asked for photos because people LIE and needed verification. And as far as not sending it to your shop means they may have gotten burned before by customers claiming they didn't get it etc. and depending on where they are, some places couldn't get there overnite even if they wanted too.

If they shipped it out today then I would say that's pretty good customer service.
You think not sending his replacement part air is pretty good customer service:shrug:

OP You have every right to be pissed. I was debating between TS and SP for headers, and this example makes my decision easy.

Thanks for sharing OP:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Speedwagon

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
You had the box for weeks but you never bothered to see what's in it. You should have checked and inspected the items and all this would have been fixed. They are human and they make mistakes just like you and me so dont act like is the end of the world.
Perhaps they should have checked materials/parts before shipping to the customer to ensure correctness..

Apparently, You know noting about business and quality control or quality assurance. For some service organizations, the concept of quality control may be foreign because there is no tangible product to inspect and control. The quality assurance function in a service organization may not include quality control of the service but may include quality control of any products involved in providing the service. A service may include products that are documents (such as a report, contract, or design) or tangible products such as a rental car, units of blood, or materials such as car parts and should be necessary to control product quality in a service organization to ensure that the service meets customer requirements and delivered as stated. Yes.. there are mistakes made everyday, but telling a customer that you'll get your part in 5 days is unacceptable.

For example... If you purchased a 65" large screen TV to be delivered to your home in time for the big game and instead someone in stock decided to send you a mini refrigerator I think that you would be a little ticked off. Some one not doing his or her job is not good for business.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Anyone saying it's unreasonable for them to air the part is ridiculous. Maybe if they had to pay air freight they might tighten up their own processes, and make sure the customers get what they ordered.

I manage a 7mil a year fastener company for a living, and I've had to air stuff out that's hundreds of dollars. It hurts, but you always take care of customers.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Yes, shit happens.....did you offer to pay for the overnight delivery?? Maybe meet them halfway??
Why in the hell should he pay for their mistake:crazy:

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
They should've overnighted it, their screw up and customer always comes first. It sucks, but hey check your shit before shipping it out.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
It sucks no doubt to get the wrong parts, I agree. I'm just saying for me, if they got it shipped that day I'd be ok with it. The fact they acknowledged their mistake and is making it right is all I could ask for. I feel Speedwagon's frustration, I'd probably be just as pissed as him if I had to go through the hassle of getting it in the shop just to be post poned. I just don't think there's many business' out there that would overnite anything to one individual unless it was something critical to a business or health related.
Sponsored

Last edited: