Sponsored

Mustang GT vs. Range Rover

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
About 20mins. ago I was heading home from work. As I'm getting on the highway this dickhead in a Range Rover didn't yield from a side ramp and cut in front of me. It's happened before at that ramp...whatever, no big deal. In my mind I give them plenty of room as we head up the ramp so when we get to the entrance...as long as both lanes are clear...I get in the passing lane and leave them behind. This dickhead was about 10-15yds ahead and saw me move over to the passing lane as he was merging on. He guns it and cuts me off. I then went around him and another car blocked him so he was unable to pass. He tried to weave through traffic but wasn't able to.

Here's my question...

This guy moved pretty quick! Are there any models of Range Rover that can beat a GT? I know they cost 2-3+ times the amount of a GT...just didn't know whether it was a fair match or if one of us had the clear edge.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
2015 supercharged V8 Range Rover does 0-60 in 4.4 and 1/4 mile in 12.9. A 2013 does a 1/4 mile in 12.7. That's for the top model. Mild bolt-ons and a tune you will walk him. If you were supercharged or fi in general you would gap him. There is not really alot of aftermarket support for Range Rovers, nice cars though.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Any Range Rover will beat any Mustang. As long as they get to pick the farmers field you race across.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Any Range Rover will beat any Mustang. As long as they get to pick the farmers field you race across.
Although this is typically true, we have to accept the fact that many Range Rovers will likely not run after a few years. At the very least the suspension will fail making it a much closer race going through that farmer's field.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although this is typically true, we have to accept the fact that many Range Rovers will likely not run after a few years. At the very least the suspension will fail making it a much closer race going through that farmer's field.
Right, I know they can be massive pieces of crap long-term. And the chances are very slim I'll run into this guy again. I just wanted to know what I was up against if he did a repeat of the behavior.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
My first thought. We used to do alot of high end vehicles at our shop, and they are absolute garbage in terms of reliability and long term maintenance costs. And the prices for parts? How are people still buying these. Ditch them before the warranty is up!

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
My first thought. We used to do alot of high end vehicles at our shop, and they are absolute garbage in terms of reliability and long term maintenance costs. And the prices for parts? How are people still buying these. Ditch them before the warranty is up!

AND they used plastic oil pans!! PLASTIC!! WTF? Guaranteed to leak and I'll tell you why: the metal they were attached to would expand and guess what? The plastic wouldn't. Go figure... Any engineer should know that at the very least they wouldn't expand and retract at the same rates or limits. :lol:

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AND they used plastic oil pans!! PLASTIC!! WTF? Guaranteed to leak and I'll tell you why: the metal they were attached to would expand and guess what? The plastic wouldn't. Go figure... Any engineer should know that at the very least they wouldn't expand and retract at the same rates or limits. :lol:
If you really think about it, that might be sneaky, but it's a great idea business-wise.

Most of the people I've seen/met that own Land/Range rovers wouldn't dream of doing any sort of work on their car beyond putting gas in. As soon as they notice anything....anything....they call up the dealer and let them fix it. Then they pay however much the bill is, possibly might bitch about it, but usually don't think twice about it.

If I'm Land Rover and I've cornered the market on yuppie SUV's...I can start to cheap out on parts because I don't have much impressing to do anymore.

-Emt1581

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Actually plastic tends to have a higher CTE than metal. Similar issue, though. Like the aluminum heads/iron block thing that causes many Chevys to have head gasket issues.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
2015 supercharged V8 Range Rover does 0-60 in 4.4 and 1/4 mile in 12.9. A 2013 does a 1/4 mile in 12.7. That's for the top model. Mild bolt-ons and a tune you will walk him. If you were supercharged or fi in general you would gap him. There is not really alot of aftermarket support for Range Rovers, nice cars though.
How would they be able to do that when a bolt on GT can't run better than a stock Ecoboost? Range rover all day.

Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Not to mention, after buying a new $95,000 Range Rover, after a year its worth about $30,000

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The question is why do these idiots in SUV's have to drive like such jerks? Do they believe the "sport" in "SUV" actually means it?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The question is why do these idiots in SUV's have to drive like such jerks? Do they believe the "sport" in "SUV" actually means it?
To be honest, I wouldn't care if they got in front of me and then tore ass down the road leaving me in the dust. I could respect that. But cutting me off so I can't pass them but not really going anywhere themselves....what the hell was the point other than to be a dick?

Tons of people doing that. It's like they're a member of the "can't let fast cars pass" club.

-Emt1581

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
How would they be able to do that when a bolt on GT can't run better than a stock Ecoboost? Range rover all day.
Makes me wonder though what a RR can do at half throttle..

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here we go-more half throttle racing again. If we restrict this to 1st. and 2nd. gears, does this all happen within the speed limit?
Sponsored