Sponsored

Ring Time for the ZL1-1LE........wow

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
If only it looked better! It's impressive performance wise and hopefully, Ford steps up their game with the GT500.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I was rather impressed with the stance of the car from the cockpit... didn't look too unmanageable but then again I'm not a professional driver.

What I noticed...
1) if the new halostang has a 7500-rpm redline and a gear ration like that of the GT350, save 6th not being too low, it should easily pass the ZL1 as this guy was shifting his ass off where GT350 guys would be stuck in gear with foot to the floor.,

2) I would've expected 650hp and 650ft-lbs torque to have got to 165-170 with much better ease which makes me think this car has tremendous drag, likely for handling reasons,

3) no apparent heatsoak, course it was a large track with adequate areas to vent heat with speed and straights.

Impressive, yet not a conquering...

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
D*mn, that's some impressive sh*t.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Why was he short shifting all the time?:ninja:

Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Thanks for post. That was fun to watch. Which would wear out first, the tires or the splitter?

Schredder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt 350
I like the ZL1. I sat in one and realized I couldn't see out of it. It's just one of those cars that looks great , sounds great and goes like hell. I would kill myself in a minute in it. The gt350 has all the performance ,and looks , Plus you can actuallycan see out of it. Keep the rpm's under 3500 and its easy as shit to put along in. It doesn't act like it is going to bite you in the ass if you step on it a little. The last gt500 was another car I would be dead if I owned. Ha! Ha!! To each his own. Hellcat,Zl1,Z06,shelby. You can't go wrong. They are all awesome, and different, with there own personalities

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That guy. And that car are bad ass!:headbang:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
After watching the video one more time I have a question... was that a true EPAS steering unit?

There looked to be a helluva lot of oversteer and difficulty trying to manage the delicate fine line between over/understeer.

I'd be interested in watching a driver in a R on the same track and see the difference. Oh, and that monodromic engine noise... no thanks.

Sponsored

Zebra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT500
After watching the video one more time I have a question... was that a true EPAS steering unit?

There looked to be a helluva lot of oversteer and difficulty trying to manage the delicate fine line between over/understeer.

I'd be interested in watching a driver in a R on the same track and see the difference. Oh, and that monodromic engine noise... no thanks.
Too bad we'll never get to see it. Full screen, turn up the sound this was a fun 6 minutes of video.
Pisses me off Ford doesn't do this, even if it is slower.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
WOW! Guess I'll go put some handicapped tags on mine after watching that fella drive

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
GM takes a non production car to a race track, closes the track runs how many of hundreds of hero laps with no independent verification that anything on the car is oem and passes it off for a car you can purchase at a dealer? It's like those adds showing the zl1 while saying msrp starts at 23k bucks. Then people are pissed when you tell them that car is 63k not 23k.

What's worse is that people have verified GM has cheated in the past. Independent verification has also come in the past and gm was the worst! Take this time with great understanding. That yes while fast, it's more likely high 20's fast with a pro driver.

Speaking of fast did you guys see the 991.2 GT3 time?

Checkmate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
GM takes a non production car to a race track, closes the track runs how many of hundreds of hero laps with no independent verification that anything on the car is oem and passes it off for a car you can purchase at a dealer? It's like those adds showing the zl1 while saying msrp starts at 23k bucks. Then people are pissed when you tell them that car is 63k not 23k.

What's worse is that people have verified GM has cheated in the past. Independent verification has also come in the past and gm was the worst! Take this time with great understanding. That yes while fast, it's more likely high 20's fast with a pro driver.

Speaking of fast did you guys see the 991.2 GT3 time?
Yea, don't even go there. 991.2 GT3 time was with the driver sitting in 'non production' carbon seats, PDK and Rear steering. One cannot take away from how impressive this performance was. GM managed to tame the LT4 motor in a 3900lb car with DSSV suspension + Aero. For a starting price of $70k, that is a hell of an achievement. More impressive that it was done with a Manual Transmission. #Respect.
Sponsored