Sponsored

X-Plan on New Mustang

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
What is this X plan you are always talking about? I know it's some sort of special pricing but can you expand?
Post 10 in this thread has a link to detailed information.
Sponsored

wfranklin

Threads
Reaction score
Highly recommend it. MCA membership is only $50/year; took $2K off MSRP for the X-plan, plus another $4K of dealer incentives on the 2014 I bought last night.

wfranklin

Threads
Reaction score
Some dealers will ignore the "waiting period" and will take a printout of your MCA profile page as evidence of membership.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
X-plan really isn't necessary.... If a dealer will accept X-plan then that means they are willing to sell the car for ~200 over invoice a price which you could negotiate to on your own. It is more of a hassle saver then some kind of special pricing. Although i believe it limits the dealer doc fee which can be helpful depending on how much the dealer tries to gouge that.

Also for MY2011 Ford put in place a customer order verification program for the base and GTs where the dealer could submit some paper work for a car that was customer ordered so that the car would go in production and dealer would receive the car above any allocation... That was to help out dealers who were losing sales from custom orders (basically a sold car) due to allocation issues but still control inventory for their lot. Some of the very helpful dealer guys on this forum can explain exactly how it works. just to note... as far as i have read its not confirmed this will be offered on the 2015s but i believe it is expected

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
After I joined (about a month ago), I was immediately able to go get a PIN for the X-plan. I'm not so sure the waiting period is still a requirement.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
So what would I do now when I get my Xplan pin? I'm planning to go and look in the spring of 2015. Do I just go to the dealer, aask if they accept the Xplan and that's it. No need to negotiate? Just pick what I want and done son?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Present the pin when you walk in, most dealers accept it on most cars with few very exceptions on high demand ones. They have to show you the invoice with x plan price which is fixed and you are still eligible for rebates and such that are offered.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
X-plan really isn't necessary.... If a dealer will accept X-plan then that means they are willing to sell the car for ~200 over invoice a price which you could negotiate to on your own. It is more of a hassle saver then some kind of special pricing. Although i believe it limits the dealer doc fee which can be helpful depending on how much the dealer tries to gouge that.
I do not believe that is fully true, there is an incentive to the dealer for selling x plan vehicles but I do not remember what it was, I think it is extra allocation. Was 10yrs ago when we bought our explorer that it was told to me so may be out of date info I admit. :shrug:

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
There are like five threads over this very same topic.. They need to be merged because it's the same questions over and over again.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Present the pin when you walk in, most dealers accept it on most cars with few very exceptions on high demand ones. They have to show you the invoice with x plan price which is fixed and you are still eligible for rebates and such that are offered.

So they'll show me the invoice on the specific car (Mustang GT) I would be interested in? That's the price that Ford sells the car to dealer? Then I pay $200 less than that price? Plus what ever incentives they might have at the time?! Sounds great!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I think it is 100 over invoice, but other than that, yes

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

dkmcclelland

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic Si
Sent an e-mail to Sandy Springs Ford in Atlanta, Ga asking when will they start taking orders for the 2015 and would they accept X-plan pricing and got this reply:

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for your interest in a new 2015 Mustang. We should have our order guides by the end of June or early July. As soon as we have those guides and pricing we can start placing orders. We will allow X plan pricing on the 2015 Mustangs (except the limited edition 50th anniversary GT, only 1964 will be made). We are the largest Mustang dealership east of the Mississippi and we would be happy to assist you with your order. Please call my cell if you have any questions. We want your business!

Regards,
[FONT=&quot]Thom Hostetter
[/FONT]
Cell: 770-289-0751
[email protected]
7555 Roswell Rd, Atlanta, GA 30350