Sponsored

Lots of 2017 Convenience Package cars at dealers

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
It appears as though the hold on the Convenience Package cars is definitely a thing of the past! With looking around the country right now at inventory it looks like the dealers are only getting in Convenience Package cars at the moment, perhaps to make up for the hold they had for a while.

Finding an Electronics package car coming in or as a recent arrival seems to be a rare find at the moment.

I'm glad they were able to fix the problem with the seats!
Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes they are everywhere and at sticker too.

Usually the dealer asks for 5k over, but in a matter of minutes they are down to MSRP.

I really dislike the seats, why do they even make these seats?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Yes they are everywhere and at sticker too.

Usually the dealer asks for 5k over, but in a matter of minutes they are down to MSRP.

I really dislike the seats, why do they even make these seats?
They make the seats so that people who don't want racing seats have an alternative. Also, if your a large guy, the Recaro's will crush you and be VERY uncomfortable. If I could only get the GT350 with Recaro's, I'd pass. My CTS-V had Recaro's that were not like trying a squeeze an egg into a Coke bottle.

All that said, Automakers offer options the consumers want. You want Recaro's. I do not. Choices are good.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Why don't they offer leather Recaros?

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thats actually a very good question.

I saw a premium mustang with leather recaros and it looked amazing.

I m also sure leather is a better choice in terms of long term durability.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Most likely they would be like every other Ford with "Leather" seats. Only the area that touches your bottom and back are leather. The rest is vinyl. If they have Alcantra inserts then none of the seat is leather.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
They could definitely do a leather with alcantara inserts Recaro seat. Maybe that can be an option in the future.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Ford put a lot of though into the design/function of the GT350. Just like they oped for only black wheels due to the high brake dust, the Recaros only come in the fabric as you would have more body movement in leather. If you have the recaros you know they are like velco and you have virtually no movement.

Also, the reason you see so many leather cars on the lots is because dealerships see Leather as part of the convenience package and they actually think it's an upgrade over the recaros, so that's what they order for inventory.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Seats are basically an accessory, the only reason they didn't allow the Leather Recaros was to limits the number of options that the car carries.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
They make the seats so that people who don't want racing seats have an alternative. Also, if your a large guy, the Recaro's will crush you and be VERY uncomfortable. If I could only get the GT350 with Recaro's, I'd pass. My CTS-V had Recaro's that were not like trying a squeeze an egg into a Coke bottle.

All that said, Automakers offer options the consumers want. You want Recaro's. I do not. Choices are good.
Im very large ( 6 foot 240:( )I like them fine. They are hilarious to get in and out of though.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Im very large ( 6 foot 240:( )I like them fine. They are hilarious to get in and out of though.
With as much as we've been going back and forth, you've got me on weight and reach. I wouldn't want you to "want to take it outside." :thumbsup:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
6'3 and 280. I'd need a really big shoehorn :D I did sit in them and for a 20 miles cruise, no problem but I commute 3 hours once a week and they would be unbearable for me for that length of time.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
The idea behind a race seat is lost in leather which is slippery and does not hold you in place. At least this is how they are marketed.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The idea behind a race seat is lost in leather which is slippery and does not hold you in place. At least this is how they are marketed.
Well Ford did offer a "racecar" without coolers. :shrug: