Yes ! The spring caused damage happened to me! 1800 dollars later
Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Yes ! The spring caused damage happened to me! 1800 dollars later
Wait, are you saying that Ford denied the warranty claim because you replaced the helper spring? Did you replace it with the Steeda or just remove it altogether?

OP, same question to you. Were you running the OEM crappy spring or no spring? I assume you didn't have the Steeda since you mentioned you were thinking of getting one.

I'm just curious. I have about 25,000 miles on my 15' GT. Never had any issue (knock on wood). I pulled the OEM spring probably about a year ago. Drove like that for about a month until the Steeda spring was released and put that in. Been fine ever since. When I was spring-less, I definitely noticed that the clutch pedal was not returning all the way back. There was some play there. I've heard some say that this could be causing premature damage to the throwout bearing.

Bigbad5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red PP GT
I had the oem spring then took it out and had no spring for like 2 -3 months and then all of a sudden when u drive hard the clutch wouldn't return. That was burning my clutch out faster . After I got my clutch replaced I bought the steeda spring and it seems to return better than stock. I bought my car with 10k miles on it also so idk what the previous driver was doing .

Jaxx68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT PP, Whipple 2.9, Borla, Eibach
I have a 15 GT PP, 2.9l whipple, eibach springs and sways, centreforce clutch, blowfish shift adapter, . 9000km pretty much drive to and from track. 2nd run of day good off line, 1st to 2nd ok pushed in pedal stayed in won't go to 3rd. flat bed home from strip. pedal can be pulled up but when pushed down stays, car will go through gears when off nothing when on. when on clutch pedal depressed i can push shifter to first get some roll and then it will pop in. low rpm shift to 2nd no clutch pedal all good. seems clutch is fine just dead pedal. clutch line is stock so will re/re this week. curious how youre issue was resolved of all the problems i have read about yours and mine exact same. would appreciate any insight you can give me

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I had the MT-82 in my '11 GT. Clutch stuck to the floor once during redline upshift. I had plenty of other issues, as well. Traded it for my '14 GT automatic in the summer of 2013 and am so happy to be rid of that MT-82! 6 of the 8 Mustangs I've owned have been manuals, so I really wanted to like the MT-82 in my '11 GT, but it just wasn't fun with all the issues.

Sponsored

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
That sucks man. Keep us posted on the results! I am still ashamed of Ford for putting this piece of shit clutch/trans in a 435hp car and can't even enjoy the power of it every now and then without some sort of damage being done.

Jaxx68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like either the hydraulic line failed or the throwout bearing (slave cylinder). Drop the tranny and see what happens. Sounds like the plastic OEM line should have been changed when i put the centreforce clutch in so my bad there. I will post the problem/solution as soon as get it tore apart. Seems like I spend more time fixing this car than i do racing it.

Jaxx68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Painful, 1 yr old centreforce dual friction clutch, fried, throwout bearing done. WTF
Sponsored