Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
^^^ nah didn't lose any bits
Sponsored

GT Lustre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Manual Ruby Red
Bluepower CAI and DiPhillpo Cat Backs installed 2 weeks ago and have done nearly 2000km since... mainly highway driving. For those interested in NOT tuning their S550, this option seems to be a great way to get a mild 20kW more at back wheels and great muscle car sound. So far I am extremely happy with this combo....definitely feel the extra power & torque boost throughout the rev range. The car feels more willing to go. Accelerating sound is fabulous, but perhaps the best bonus is blipping pedal for down shift and throttling back has a nice rumbling burble with no popping.

Some basic info on this system from Blue Power in Campbellfield Vic:
Laminar flow CAI (intake pipe is metal designed in-house) and DiPhillipo Cat Back 3inch system (designed by Blue Power in conjunction with DiPhillipo) in 409 Stainless, weighs same or possibly heavier than OEM. Has X pipe followed by long hot dogs ~90cm long then mufflers. I also have optional adjustable insulated tips. Sorry forgot to take photo on hoist.

Background to my choice: I originally wanted to extract a bit better performance in normally aspirated form (especially at low-mid range end) possibly using aftermarket extractors and cat-back exhaust and tuning and not really changing OEM CAI. After visiting a number of workshops and vendors I felt Bluepower was giving me straight advice. Moreover Chris from Bluepower took me for a ride in his father's Mustang with this identical set-up. Very impressed. This set-up doesn't affect your Driveline warranty as ECU and headers with cats are not touched.

I don't want to go into finer technical details as Chris and Theo at Bluepower are the best knowledge base to answer your specific questions; as the Mustang's computer is highly complex and is dynamic as it learns the car's condition and operating parameters. Note their website doesn't show this as a package. I paid $2850 installed (CAI and CatBack) so I think this is good value from what I have read on this forum. These guys offer very good advice and will mainly talk you OUT of modifying your car; especially if you are not doing any motorsport.

As a bonus Chris said you will get slightly better fuel economy (~0.5l /100km) as engine is breathing better. One of my trip meters running since 2nd fill since car new....currently shows just over 6000km and has averaged 10.2l/100km. Was at 10.3l/100km at ~4100km before this combo installed; so fallen slightly in even though probably giving it more of a boot since the CAI and Cat backs installed (sound & willingness to go pretty intoxicating). Note I drive mainly on country highways but includes some heavy Melbourne and Adelaide city traffic.

Other mods done to my car at various times: JLT Catch Can (works extremely well), JLT painted engine covers, Gtechniq Liquid Crystal paint protection applied by Final Finish in Brunswick, Ford GT Strut Brace (2nd hand from Blue Oval USA) with Herrod 6mm Stainless Steel Spacers, Steeda GTrack Brace, Steeda Vertical Rear Links, BMR CB005 IRS Cradle (car feels more settled with these with no added NVH and no squeaks), Gnome Spare Wheel-Tyre, Diode Dynamics LED interior light upgrade, Blingworks exterior LED upgrade, DD Tri Bar LED DRL's with sequential amber indicators installed by Jamie Billings (Loudz Creations - Adelaide; worth the trip to Adelaide).

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
+1 for the bluepower/difillipo system, have been running this system for almost 12 months, sounds fantastic nice deep burble and no drone.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Put Bridgestone Portenzas on the car today
I stayed with the tyre size of the original Pirellis but disappointed I had to do it at only 17k kms.
However after only a short drive I already feel more comfortable with them, the pirellis were so easy to spin I had trouble backing out of my driveway on wet mornings
Here's hoping!

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
I stayed with the tyre size of the original Pirellis but disappointed I had to do it at only 17k kms.
However after only a short drive I already feel more comfortable with them, the pirellis were so easy to spin I had trouble backing out of my driveway on wet mornings
Here's hoping!
Hey you'll have no problems. :clap2:
I have done over 4000k's on my Potenza's now with no wheel spin and great grip. Fantastic tyre....just hope I get long life. :):)

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Ok due to peer pressure I've purchased a GT350R Steering wheel lol. Managed to pick up a used one in excellent condition on here for $315USD including shipping. Looking forward to installing it in a couple of weeks!!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Ok due to peer pressure I've purchased a GT350R Steering wheel lol. Managed to pick up a used one in excellent condition on here for $315USD including shipping. Looking forward to installing it in a couple of weeks!!
You'll love it!
Get the Sonax "upholsery and Alcantara cleaner " from Amazon to keep the suede in great condition
Best wishes

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah you'll love it davidhes. I just can't stop caressing it as i drive :lol::love::p:D

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's hoping!
The stock tyres were super slippery for me until about 500km and then they got better.

Still not amazing, but better

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Got a full LED globe replacement set and put most of them in today, the vanity ones I think I blew though so yeah not great. The front markers were also a pain to get out. Haven't done the blinkers yet because I need to work out splicing in the resistors to stop the weird dash blinking.

But happy overall, the replacement DRLs, switchbacks, map lights and reverse lights all look way better.

Should have a new exhaust in either Friday or next Wednesday and I've ordered a new intercooler, catch can, CAI and hood strut set in within about 2 weeks!

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Yeah you'll love it davidhes. I just can't stop caressing it as i drive :lol::love::p:D
That is the steering wheel we are talking about? :)

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Got a full LED globe replacement set and put most of them in today, the vanity ones I think I blew though so yeah not great. The front markers were also a pain to get out. Haven't done the blinkers yet because I need to work out splicing in the resistors to stop the weird dash blinking.

But happy overall, the replacement DRLs, switchbacks, map lights and reverse lights all look way better.

Should have a new exhaust in either Friday or next Wednesday and I've ordered a new intercooler, catch can, CAI and hood strut set in within about 2 weeks!
If you get the LED indicators from Blingworks you don't need to do that as they don't change the blinking on the dash (less headcase )

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
If you get the LED indicators from Blingworks you don't need to do that as they don't change the blinking on the dash (less headcase )
Yea I got mine from Blingworks and dont get any blinking issues
Sponsored