Not open for further replies.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I would advise you only use this with stiffer motor mounts. All three mounts should work in harmony so that stresses are even distributed. Stiffening one mount while the other two are sloppy will put a great deal of additional stress on the single stiff mount. I made my own three piece setup I did notice some minor increase in NVH for the first day after that I simply didn't notice it any more.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Thanks for the super fast shipping. The mount got to Arizona before I did.
Lol that's awesome! We always try to ship orders as quickly as possible.

I would advise you only use this with stiffer motor mounts. All three mounts should work in harmony so that stresses are even distributed. Stiffening one mount while the other two are sloppy will put a great deal of additional stress on the single stiff mount. I made my own three piece setup I did notice some minor increase in NVH for the first day after that I simply didn't notice it any more.
We have been doing some R&D on additional motor mounts. The largest issue we find ourselves facing is how firm we want them to be. There is always the trade off between performance, and being able to live with them on a daily basis.

McJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnetic
Will be doing my install this weekend. I will upload some pictures and a review afterwards probably Sunday or Monday.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I'll be doing an install too. I plan to get motor mounts soon too.

Sponsored

Autocratic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone else have feedback after their install?
Boomba,

Did ya'll test any other bushing options before settling on delrin? I'm curious to know if a softer poly bushing would work in place or if it would simply be too soft and not last.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Boomba,

Did ya'll test any other bushing options before settling on delrin? I'm curious to know if a softer poly bushing would work in place or if it would simply be too soft and not last.
We aren't using a delrin bushing.

It is a 70 durometer polyurethane bushing.

McJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnetic
Here is my review for the Boomba Transmission Mount.

The install was super easy once start. I believe I spent more time getting the car up on jacks rather than on the install of the mount itself.

After getting the front half of the car on jacks and then putting putting a jack under the transmission it was a simple matter. 2 bolts for the transmission mount to the bracket, 4 bolts for the bracket to the vehicle, then 3 bolts for the mount to the transmission. Super simple. Removed all the bolts then hand tightened the 3 stock bolts for the Boomba mount to the transmission (as per provided instructions). Next I added the bracket back in place and used the 2 provided allen bolts to hand tighten the Boomba mount to the bracket. Then hand tightened the 4 stock bolts for the bracket to the vehicle, used a ratchet to tighten everything down and done. In all probably took 15 to 20 minutes to get everything on.

Now on actually performance.

Immediately took my car out for a test drive and noticed several things.

1). Shifting performance increased noticeably. Every shift felt crisper and removed some of the slop when going from 1st to 2nd. I was able to shift faster because I was more confident in the shift actually going into place.

2). The noise inside my cabin was increased significantly. You can hear everything the transmission is doing from changing gears to engaging the clutch. You will hear every clunk and thud that the transmission makes. I have a video uploaded however it is done with my phone so the quality is lacking however you can hear some of the noises I am talking about. In the video it sounds like I am running an aftermarket exhaust but my vehicle is Stock that is the transmission mount making the noise. There was also an increase in vibration from having the mount installed which can be felt when accelerating and shifting and this isn't just at the shifter. My passengers in the back seat felt the vibrations from the transmission through the floor.

Impressions
While the shifting was improved and I loved the way it felt, the noise and vibrations generated in the cabin killed it for me. I daily drive my mustang and I would not be able to put up with all of the extra sensory inputs. I put about 100 miles on the mount hoping for things to settle into place but it nothing improved. After those 100 miles I switched back to stock so that I can drive my car without all of the noise and vibrations. So take that as you will just my 2 cents.

Out of the box
Pic1

Factory Mount compared to Boomba Mount
Pic2

Factory Mount Before removal
Pic3

Boomba Mount installed
pic4

Install Complete
pic5

Video
Sound Video

edit: Can someone drop me a PM on how to get images to show in the forum. I used insert picture and gave the hyperlink but it doesn't work.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Here is my review for the Boomba Transmission Mount.

The install was super easy once start. I believe I spent more time getting the car up on jacks rather than on the install of the mount itself.

After getting the front half of the car on jacks and then putting putting a jack under the transmission it was a simple matter. 2 bolts for the transmission mount to the bracket, 4 bolts for the bracket to the vehicle, then 3 bolts for the mount to the transmission. Super simple. Removed all the bolts then hand tightened the 3 stock bolts for the Boomba mount to the transmission (as per provided instructions). Next I added the bracket back in place and used the 2 provided allen bolts to hand tighten the Boomba mount to the bracket. Then hand tightened the 4 stock bolts for the bracket to the vehicle, used a ratchet to tighten everything down and done. In all probably took 15 to 20 minutes to get everything on.

Now on actually performance.

Immediately took my car out for a test drive and noticed several things.

1). Shifting performance increased noticeably. Every shift felt crisper and removed some of the slop when going from 1st to 2nd. I was able to shift faster because I was more confident in the shift actually going into place.

2). The noise inside my cabin was increased significantly. You can hear everything the transmission is doing from changing gears to engaging the clutch. You will hear every clunk and thud that the transmission makes. I have a video uploaded however it is done with my phone so the quality is lacking however you can hear some of the noises I am talking about. In the video it sounds like I am running an aftermarket exhaust but my vehicle is Stock that is the transmission mount making the noise. There was also an increase in vibration from having the mount installed which can be felt when accelerating and shifting and this isn't just at the shifter. My passengers in the back seat felt the vibrations from the transmission through the floor.

Impressions
While the shifting was improved and I loved the way it felt, the noise and vibrations generated in the cabin killed it for me. I daily drive my mustang and I would not be able to put up with all of the extra sensory inputs. I put about 100 miles on the mount hoping for things to settle into place but it nothing improved. After those 100 miles I switched back to stock so that I can drive my car without all of the noise and vibrations. So take that as you will just my 2 cents.

Out of the box
Pic1

Factory Mount compared to Boomba Mount
Pic2

Factory Mount Before removal
Pic3

Boomba Mount installed
pic4

Install Complete
pic5

Video
Sound Video

edit: Can someone drop me a PM on how to get images to show in the forum. I used insert picture and gave the hyperlink but it doesn't work.

Thanks for taking the time to make a review! We really appreciate the feedback. I know you said you took the mount off after only 100 miles, but if you are interested in keeping it on a little longer, it should fully "break in" after about 1,000 miles. Things will become quieter and not as many vibrations will be transferred. Believe it or not, we tested two bushing durometers that were even stiffer than what is used in this mount. If we used anything softer than what is in the mount now, a lot of the performance benefits would be lost.

This is definitely one of those parts where it is about finding that trade off between performance and NVH.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Very nice piece, personally I am trying to stay away from the NVH but this is very nice. Buyers should pair this with differential bushings/inserts and motor mounts.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I have motor mounts, full IRS bushings, a MGW, and a host of chassis bracing. I'll be pairing this with those, but I'm also dynamatting the entire interior. I'll provide a before and after review of the mount pre and post sound deadening.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Very nice piece, personally I am trying to stay away from the NVH but this is very nice. Buyers should pair this with differential bushings/inserts and motor mounts.
When designing a product like this there is always that fine balance between performance gained and NVH. I'd say the benefits of this mount greatly outweigh the downsides of any added NVH.

I have motor mounts, full IRS bushings, a MGW, and a host of chassis bracing. I'll be pairing this with those, but I'm also dynamatting the entire interior. I'll provide a before and after review of the mount pre and post sound deadening.
This product will definitely go well with your other upgrades!

We look forward to your feedback!

MEAN427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Forrest
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium, 67 Fastback 427

Impressions
While the shifting was improved and I loved the way it felt, the noise and vibrations generated in the cabin killed it for me. I daily drive my mustang and I would not be able to put up with all of the extra sensory inputs. I put about 100 miles on the mount hoping for things to settle into place but it nothing improved. After those 100 miles I switched back to stock so that I can drive my car without all of the noise and vibrations. So take that as you will just my 2 cents..
I had the same experience as the above. There is no way I will be keeping this mount on the car. If anyone is wanting this, pm me for a good deal. Be forewarned, there is a good bit of NHV....

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm so in!! I love NVH I need to know what the car is doing and wants with inputs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.