Sponsored

McJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnetic
Ordered! Hoping to help get rid of the notchiness when shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Thanks

Autocratic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Installed tonight at work and figured I would give my 10 mile feedback:

-Very quality product. Nice hefty piece of hardware.
-Install is super easy and takes less than 10 minutes.
-Transmission definitely feels more solidly mounted.
-Feedback into the cabin has been greatly increased, both good and bad feedback.

-You can hear everything the transmission does. Clutch in at neutral, shift gates changing, etc. There is a considerable amount of greater transmission noise back into the cabin.
-I have stock headers and exhaust. The increased interior noise sounds as if I installed a loud catback.
-There is a harmonic pitch around 2500rpm that the car hits and puts increased vibration back into the cabin. Running the gears out in the higher rpms, the noise is just more increased volume rather than any vibration.

I understand the construction of this piece and the components used, so I'm going to give this a little more time to break-in. The delrin inserts should loosen up a bit, and given it's 40ish degrees in Dallas, they're going to be harder than normal.

Boomba, great product overall. This should be a great add-on for those more concerned with hard shifting performance. Thanks for the beanie!

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ordered! Hoping to help get rid of the notchiness when shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Thanks
I'm seriously thinking about it. I have a Barton shifter and Steeda rubber bushing which are great but the 1-2 shift isn't what I want it to be. I'm also gonna put some royal purple in and ordered a 355 gram shift knob. I don't mind the extra noises, I like mechanical sounding cars if I want quiet I'll get a Cadillac or something lol

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I'm seriously thinking about it. I have a Barton shifter and Steeda rubber bushing which are great but the 1-2 shift isn't what I want it to be. I'm also gonna put some royal purple in and ordered a 355 gram shift knob. I don't mind the extra noises, I like mechanical sounding cars if I want quiet I'll get a Cadillac or something lol
The 1-2 and 2-3 notchiness when the trans is cold is horrible. But it is 100x better after the trans warms up. I don't think this or any shifter related part will fix that. I have the Boomba short throw/knob and shifter bracket. Those parts help shifting feel more solid and rigid. The shifter bracket added some more noise in the cabin for sure, so definitely don't want to compound it with this part. And I have seen mixed reviews about fluid changes helping it too, depending on the fluid used. I'm going to call Royal Purple on Monday and see what combo they recommend to reduce the notchiness when cold. I called them when I deciding which of their lines of oils I should use for the engine and they were very helpful.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Stiffer still, probably the only thing stiffer would be a total alloy solid mount. Not at all what you would want for a street driven vehicle.

AMP-D

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ampdistributing.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
The more rigid the mount is, the more susceptible it is to transmit driveline noise. As frustrating as the factory mount is, its designed to reduce driveline noise and vibrations.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Installed tonight at work and figured I would give my 10 mile feedback:

-Very quality product. Nice hefty piece of hardware.
-Install is super easy and takes less than 10 minutes.
-Transmission definitely feels more solidly mounted.
-Feedback into the cabin has been greatly increased, both good and bad feedback.

-You can hear everything the transmission does. Clutch in at neutral, shift gates changing, etc. There is a considerable amount of greater transmission noise back into the cabin.
-I have stock headers and exhaust. The increased interior noise sounds as if I installed a loud catback.
-There is a harmonic pitch around 2500rpm that the car hits and puts increased vibration back into the cabin. Running the gears out in the higher rpms, the noise is just more increased volume rather than any vibration.

I understand the construction of this piece and the components used, so I'm going to give this a little more time to break-in. The delrin inserts should loosen up a bit, and given it's 40ish degrees in Dallas, they're going to be harder than normal.

Boomba, great product overall. This should be a great add-on for those more concerned with hard shifting performance. Thanks for the beanie!
Thanks for taking the time to do that nice write-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.