Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
---PRODUCT RELEASE---

-Purchase link-

Installation guide

In order to install this shifter, you must rent the fully refundable shifter removal tool found HERE.

This high quality shift lever is built for performance without compromising comfort. This piece is designed to make shifting a much more natural and comfortable feeling experience. It installs easily, replacing the OEM shift lever in your S550 Ford Mustang with no modifications required to the surrounding console and is a full inch and a half shorter than stock. The short throw shifter also retains the full functionality of the reverse lockout and back-up camera. Throws will be reduced by 25% with the use of this short throw shifter. **Compatible with the Boomba shift knob, the OEM shift knob, or any shift knob with the same thread pitch as stock**

This piece features easy installation and can be installed from completely inside the car without needing to lift the car or do anything from underneath.

The short shifter is designed and manufactured in Boomba's manufacturing facility, right here in the United States and all mounting hardware is included. All shift levers are precision CNC machined out of billet steel and black oxide coated for strength and long lasting durability and appearance. A definite mod for daily drivers as well as autocross and road racing enthusiast!

---ORIGINAL POST---

Here at Boomba Racing we've been doing some research on how to improve the S550. We've learned it's a great car with a lot of strong suits, however that doesn't mean there isn't room to make things better!

The shifter is good but we saw a lot of room for improvement. We toyed around with the idea of making a full short shifter assembly but ruled that out in favor of something that would be easier to install. Our prototype is a short shift arm that installs easily by removing the center console and is done completely from inside the vehicle. Lifting the car is not necessary.

What you are looking at is our prototype short throw shifter for the 2015 + Ford Mustang. It lowers the shift lever by about 1" as well as shortens the throws between gears. It makes for a much more positive shifting experience. This allows you to keep your arm flat while you shift, rather than pivoting your arm and elbow at an awkward angle.

Pricing and availability will be out shortly!
[/SIZE]

[ame]

[ame]

Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
What kind of eta do u expect with this. I am looking into buying a short throw shifter but might hold out for this.

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
This is exactly what I want. My MT82 shifts great with just the Steeda bracket. I already have your knob though so hopefully you offer it without one to save a few bucks.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Looks good! How much of a throw reduction?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
We are shooting for pricing on these to be significantly less than the shifters that replace the entire assembly.

ETA is yet to be determined. We are still going through prototyping stages testing different reductions and seeing if adjustment can be incorporated as an option, or if all will have the same set reduction.

We're probably in the month range from release. With enough interest, we can definitely set-up a group buy for these!

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
We are shooting for pricing on these to be significantly less than the shifters that replace the entire assembly.

ETA is yet to be determined. We are still going through prototyping stages testing different reductions and seeing if adjustment can be incorporated as an option, or if all will have the same set reduction.

We're probably in the month range from release. With enough interest, we can definitely set-up a group buy for these!
Sheesh I just read the installation process from inside the car. I am def interested now I do not drag race just a DD that needs a better shifter I would def be down for a Group buy ASAP....so don't keep us poor stock shifter guys waiting lol

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Sheesh I just read the installation process from inside the car. I am def interested now I do not drag race just a DD that needs a better shifter I would def be down for a Group buy ASAP....so don't keep us poor stock shifter guys waiting lol
One of the most important aspects of designing this shifter was to make it feel comfortable and natural for every day driving, as well as give great feedback when driving aggressively.

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
2 questions, the first being does it allow for install of the factory knob? And is the slop of the factory shifter being addressed at all with your design, or is this strictly to reduce throw. The MGW Race spec is in an entire different leauge, due to eliminating the remote mount issues of the factory, but if yours even slightly addresses the slop, in conjunction with installing the White Line or Steeda transmission bushing, it might be worth it, for those of us who don't want to deal with installing the MGW... Assuming price is significantly better for what I am presuming is a shifter arm replacement?

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Just out of curiosity, do you have a link for the in-car install process?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.