Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
That "to get" list doesn't get any shorter HybridGT....there are too many bits for these things...
Haha I know... It's pretty bad for the wallet.

Postage for all this is US$942 :headbonk:
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
My Borla S type catback system with black tips arrived yesterday....it's a big heavy box full........only six months to go until I can fit it......a huge shout out to Beefcake Racing for a brilliant price and shipping that was cheap and fast....hit him up for a price if you are looking for mustang parts.
The Borlas do have a distributor in Aus...in Canberra, but I wanted to build a rapport with a shop in the states who sold more than one product...I had calculated that the cost of the exhaust from the Aus supplier or Beefcake would have been about the same, but once delivered I came out a couple of hundred dollars ahead....very happy, the spare room is getting chockers with Mustang parts...
Were you charged gst and duty?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Haha I know... It's pretty bad for the wallet.

Postage for all this is US$942 :headbonk:
Bad for the wallet but good for the soul!

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Hey feel free to pm me with any questions, happy to help! The springs and sways are an awesome starting point :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cheers:
:hail:
:headbang:

Enormous respect for business's who are prepared to get on board with those of us from "down under" whom are patiently waiting for our cars to be even built, let alolne delivered....lol some have been waiting more than 12 months.

Like enthusiasts in the US, there will be many Australia Mustang owners who will want to modify their cars, and with established well respected US shops providing goodies for their domestic market, hopefully international shipping will not been seen as a hassle.

Exciting times ahead

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I am hoping someone in Melbourne with a pre Xmas delivery is going to do the corsa extreme day 1. I want this exhaust but it seems very very loud. Would love to hear it in person before buying.

Hands up??

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I am hoping someone in Melbourne with a pre Xmas delivery is going to do the corsa extreme day 1. I want this exhaust but it seems very very loud. Would love to hear it in person before buying.

Hands up??
You know that person will be me, depending on the date it arrives it might not be day 1, I'm going to purchase during black Friday sales. All my planned mods are in my signature below

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
You know that person will be me, depending on the date it arrives it might not be day 1, I'm going to purchase during black Friday sales. All my planned mods are in my signature below
Sweet! I'll buy you coffee to bring it Ivanhoe way. I am expecting mine in jan.

Sponsored

Barricad3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red gt premium
So far I haven't done much but
- window tints
- flowmaster outlaw axlebacks
- Resonator delete H-pipe

Right now waiting on my mrr m350 wheels in a bronze finish with a set of nitto Invos waiting already
Also waiting for Lund to release a ghost cam tune to order with an n-gauge, looking to sell my eibach sportline springs to order some steedas... That's it for the next couple of months

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
The mods are by far my fave threads to read, but I have so much to learn!

I know I will be getting paint protection and was curious about the dealer offered vs other products.
Window tinting - darkest legal - again, dealer vs other guys to be decided before delivery.

Then there is the interior, I am upset we dont get the options like other countries, it's build to order, so why can't they offer to us in Aus. There is lots to look at here for improvement.

Audio will probably be first on my list though, but not wanting to mess this up doing it myself. Adding in a dashboard cam is high up on list of wants.

Now to the mechanical, lucky to have a good mechanic with a dyno, I am sure I will be changing a lot to get more power out of the stock coyote V8. This is where I am unsure of, the US guys can get away with more than we can, emmission laws, sound levels, RHD redesign.... so I will be looking for the how to boost power first of all.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Definite
Exhaust mods
Air Lift Performance
Stripes
Blacking out
Side scoops
Window louvers
Paint protection

Maybe
Bonnet
DRL's
Rear window louver??

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
The mods are by far my fave threads to read, but I have so much to learn!

I know I will be getting paint protection and was curious about the dealer offered vs other products.
Window tinting - darkest legal - again, dealer vs other guys to be decided before delivery.

Then there is the interior, I am upset we dont get the options like other countries, it's build to order, so why can't they offer to us in Aus. There is lots to look at here for improvement.

Audio will probably be first on my list though, but not wanting to mess this up doing it myself. Adding in a dashboard cam is high up on list of wants.

Now to the mechanical, lucky to have a good mechanic with a dyno, I am sure I will be changing a lot to get more power out of the stock coyote V8. This is where I am unsure of, the US guys can get away with more than we can, emmission laws, sound levels, RHD redesign.... so I will be looking for the how to boost power first of all.
If you are looking at supercharging, exhaust, etc, you will need a Dept of Motor Transport qualified engineer to inspect the modification and then issue you a certification plate that you then attach to the car. This is harder to do in some states than others. If you don't do this, then your insurance company will wipe you if you have an accident, not to mention what the police will do to you. Some insurance companies are OK with supercharging, others aren't.
I'm in Queensland and I supercharged my FPV GTP back in 2008. Up here it is pretty easy to do all of this. On the Gold Coast I found out that a qualified engineer turned up at a local auto repair place every Tuesday. I made an appointment, turned up, he inspected the car for about 10 mins, took some money off me and issued the plate. I then had to install it in front of him (in the boot in my case). I remembered to bring along a drill and pop rivets for attachment of said plate. I could then breathe easy no matter what happened if I was involved in an accident or pulled over by the police.
Ian.
PS. I was just thinking with this pedestrian law, that it might be important for the supercharger, etc, not to sit any higher in the engine bay than the original setup.

Last edited:

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
thanks for the info, yeh super charging will be very low down my list only due to cost. My mechanic is VACC so I should have no issues with falling outside the laws, he will slap me silly if i try! :-D

Ohh and I am in VIC, so I don't think we need any government extras for mods, just that it is certified roadworthy
Sponsored