Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
OK I think I understand.. the two red pieces for the front then for the rear one aluminum piece for the top of the bushing and the bent metal piece for the bottom..

GOT IT!! when do these go on sale? lol
Correct.

And, I HOPE to have them available at the end of this week. If not, they SHOULD be available next week.

The kits should be boxed and ready for shipment this week.
Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Correct.

And, I HOPE to have them available at the end of this week. If not, they SHOULD be available next week.

The kits should be boxed and ready for shipment this week.
ok sounds good.. If you shoot me a PM or post when they are available, I will probably try out a set.

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Kelly, I'm looking at this pic of those steeda braces. looks like paired with your CB005 kit the middle mounting point of this brace would not be connecting to anything. I might have to pick one or the other. Leaning CB005

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks to me as if the Steedas and the BMR's cant be used together, and its going to be one or the other.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Well, if you REALLY wanted to....you could combine them.

You would not use our Red Braces pictured (BTW, those are available in black too...NOT just Red)

You can re-use the OEM Brace that the Steeda Braces Mount to, and install the Steeda Braces.

I don't have enough data to support my opinion of those braces, but I don't think you would really see an advantage to forgoing our brace for theirs.

Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, if you REALLY wanted to....you could combine them.

You would not use our Red Braces pictured (BTW, those are available in black too...NOT just Red)

You can re-use the OEM Brace that the Steeda Braces Mount to, and install the Steeda Braces.

I don't have enough data to support my opinion of those braces, but I don't think you would really see an advantage to forgoing our brace for theirs.

I kinda think that would be like combining ALL the ricer shit from Pep boys and ALL the ricer shit from AutoZone all on the same car.... lol

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
ROFLMAO!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
You say black is also available. Are these visible on the car when it's on the ground, from behind?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I need these in my life. I have the steeda subframe alignment bushings coming too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
They will be available for your life very soon. We are just waiting on one of our material suppliers to deliver some goods so we can finish making the initial batch.

We are more excited than anyone, to offer this kit. I expect it to be the most popular modification for this IRS. ;)

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Oh, you will know! lol

We also plan on releasing our Billet Diff Inserts here soon too. ;)

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Ok, so I'm thinking CB005 + some delrin vertical links. How much will this help wheel hop on my GTPP Kelly? I'm scared of the Poly Diff bushings for the potential NVH.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I didn't want to post this in their subforum, but here is a message to Steeda - I know they're reading this thread. ;)

I know, Todd - I thought of the timing as well! :doh:

It's considerable, but the beauty of this piece is you can bolt it in, head to the track and remove it afterwards. The urethane inserts are my personal favorite, bolt them in and forget about it. Once again, anyone can make racecar parts. The goal here was to increase performance yet, keep every ounce of driveability.

Just like our IRS subframe inserts, once we released it, it didn't take long for someone to 'try' and copy it. Although they did a decent job, they missed several key features, like putting the aluminum inserts into the factory VOIDS. They simply just have round spacers that will not perform like the Steeda ones which are designed and manufactured in-house. Theirs also has a metal stamping that at it's current attachment point does little to nothing. Our alignment dowels with IRS bushing inserts combined with our IRS subframe braces are light years ahead of their bracing kit. Add these diff bushing inserts, and you've eliminated subframe movement altogether!
You may want to be careful my friend.

I've got your kit, and I have done load testing to the cradle in comparison to ours.

You filled a void just barely, (not even 10%) that is surrounded by rubber....and you are saying your kit is better than ours, that LOCKS the sleeve to the actual cradle? Come on now. Maybe before you comment, you should have the parts in hand?

Let's not get into the accusations of copying. You know damn well we don't copy people's products.

I, and the customers don't mind you claiming your parts are better, but let's present facts about the designs, not just guesswork. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.