Mustang Buying Basics + COTUS Guide

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
And remember, it could be quite a few Thursdays before you get your VIN. Today is Thursday number 5 since I ordered and still no VIN, hoping to see an update by end of day. But as many of you know no Mustangs were scheduled last Thursday, hopefully thats not the case this week.

Priority: 10
Sponsored

Last edited:

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Interesting idea. So pretty much a step by step from beginning to end using cotus and what all of the little things mean and how many days for each part, etc?
Glad I helped! :)
If you need, I have screen grabs from every stage (plus) through transit for my car. You're welcome to use them if you want. PM me and I'll put them all together in on locale for you.

Jim

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
And remember, it could be quite a few Thursdays before you get your VIN. Today is Thursday number 5 since I ordered and still no VIN, hoping to see an update by end of day. But as many of you know no Mustangs were scheduled last Thursday, hopefully that's not the case this week.
Sounds like you need to talk to your dealer about allocation.

I haven't read through it, but mentioning allocation or the fact that your VIN won't get assigned until your order gets pulled which is based off your dealer's allocation and your priority #. (Or just reference back to it in the Buying Basics)

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
If you need, I have screen grabs from every stage (plus) through transit for my car. You're welcome to use them if you want. PM me and I'll put them all together in on locale for you.

Jim
My GT was ordered 1-27-15. I ordered from GALPIN the largest dealer in the US.
Has of today still no vin on COTUS or calling customer relations. I just texted my salesman asking him what the order priority # was for my order. When I find out I will let you guys know.
Ron

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
My GT was ordered 1-27-15. I ordered from GALPIN the largest dealer in the US.
Has of today still no vin on COTUS or calling customer relations. I just texted my salesman asking him what the order priority # was for my order. When I find out I will let you guys know.
Ron
I was reading that Ford was not scheduling for two weeks. This could be why no VIN yet.

Sponsored

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
I was reading that Ford was not scheduling for two weeks. This could be why no VIN yet.
I just found out my priority number is 10.
So I guess that is good.
Ron
I was just informed by Rachel at Ford that my priority number is been bumped up to 1 so hopefully something will happen this Thursday when they resume Mustang production.
Ron

Last edited:

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
I ordered same day as you, still no Vin
Ordered on 1/14, no VIN either. Looks like they re on some sort of hiatus at the factory.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on 1/29, priority is a 10 and still no vin. Maybe next week.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
I was just informed by Rachel at Ford that my priority # is now #1, instead of #10. So it looks like my dealer is trying to speed things up. She said I may get a Vin # this Thursday, fingers crossed.
Ron:clap2:

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I was just informed by Rachel at Ford that my priority number is been bumped up to 1 so hopefully something will happen this Thursday when they resume Mustang production.
Ron
Was it determined that Ford halted production? We knew they were holding cars, but that is quite different than stopping the production line. If that was not just a mis-speak.... Lucy, 'esplain yourself. :lol:

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Was it determined that Ford halted production? We knew they were holding cars, but that is quite different than stopping the production line. If that was not just a mis-speak.... Lucy, 'esplain yourself. :lol:
I would not halted production, they just have not schedule any Mustangs through the last two weeks.
Ron

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
I just found out that I finally have a Vin #

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
I just got my build date from COTUS , Monday March 9th, and a ETA delivery date of March 28th!

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
Hi Guys!

First time poster!

I was curious as to what the difference is between www.cotus.ford.com and wwwqa.cotus.ford.com. The www.cotus.ford.com is telling me that it is currently awaiting shipment with no EDD (part of the 2/2 build week unfortunately) but wwwqa.cotus.ford.com is telling me that it is delivered.

Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored