Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

Front Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP2
New from NC. Recently purchase a 17 Mustang GT premium. Excited about my purchase!!
Sponsored

Ben_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey I'm Ben. Been lurking for a while, finally decided to register. I'm currently on my third s550, a '17 350 base. Love the 6th gen platform, and I'm glad to be up and running on the forums. Hope to see some of you at Mustang week this year! :cheers:

Plain17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ven
Vehicle(s)
17 EB Magnetic
Hi Everyone,

I'm from Bowie, MD. I have a '17 EB Mustang and a '00 Miata.
Enjoy reading this forum, so much information, and helpful members.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Welcome!

SgtRauksauff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 N6/Black Accent Base GT
Greetings!

I got tired of my regular dd cars taking the time away from wrenching on my project cars, so started looking around for something newer. Put a cap on 30k miles, and ~$30k. I was strongly looking at BMW 228i with msport stuff, but then I sort of decided on a 4-series because they look so nice. Car needed to be reliable dd, but still put a grin on my face if I wanted it to. So, Correct wheel drive, proper number of pedals, and I started looking. test drove newer camaro/mustang, and they both impressed me by not being the junk that they had been previously.

In all fairness, I took a 1SS out for a spin, and the ergo of the chevy is freakin' awesome. I would have picked one of those in a second over the mustang, except for the horrible visibility to the rear sides. that just killed it for me, unfortunately.

In the end, it came down to a 4-series in Colorado, or a Kia K900 in Arizona, then a buddy let me know that a Mustang coupe with a manual was hitting the lot, and I could get a test to see how it would feel. So I took it for a spin, and it felt good, sounded good (previous owner had done a muffler delete), and was a good price. and barely over 7000 miles. so, a 2017 with under 8k, or a 2-3 year old car with 30k.. and more$$ plus traveling to pick it up. done deal!

So, I'm now the proud owner of a Lightning Blue base GT 6-speed with the Black Trim and Backup Camera options. Yanked the Pirelli NearZero's off after a week, put some Kuhmo ps91's on. Took it to an autocross, stomped the crap out of everyone else in my class (F street) and I've decided that the car is pretty darned good! There's a few tweaks here and there that might get done, but this is going to stay pretty darned stock, since it really doesn't need anything.

So now after I stabilize from actually having a car payment again (haven't had one since 2001) I'll be able to work on my "fast" cars and finish the projects. By then, maybe I'll feel the urge to do something silly to the mustang, who knows?

--sarge

Sponsored

Nvr2mucHP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Roush Warrior
Hello all! I'm new to the site, but not to Mustangs. I've had an 05 GT vert, a 10 GT hardtop, and a 14 GT vert.

Meet #4:
36474363221_c9f7d31d7f.jpg
2017 Roush Warrior
36474361311_3e32e1ffc9.jpg

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Good choice Sarge... can't see how anyone could like the looks of those camaros. Just a hideous looking revamped transformers car!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all! I'm new to the site, but not to Mustangs. I've had an 05 GT vert, a 10 GT hardtop, and a 14 GT vert.

Meet #4:
36474363221_c9f7d31d7f.jpg
2017 Roush Warrior
36474361311_3e32e1ffc9.jpg
welcome! I noticed you have flip flopped between coupes and convertibles? Any preference on which you have enjoyed more?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good choice Sarge... can't see how anyone could like the looks of those camaros. Just a hideous looking revamped transformers car!
yeah, I am really kind of bummed with how Cheverolet took such an iconic looking muscle car and basically "smooshed" (if that is a word) it down into a pancake style body line with absolutely horrible visibility. If you look at the older 60-70's camaros they had that nice shape to them... similar to the charger/challenger. At least Dodge stuck with the original retro look with some updated styling ques....

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
Hey all! I'm Rick from LA Street Cars - associated with Paul@PKAUTODESIGN.

I'm here to learn, teach. mentor, help, comment...and well, just be here! lol

I've been building and consulting on muscle cars for over 30 years. I specialize in Mustangs, other American Muscle, some Imports and Euro cars too. I'm here if you have any questions as well...feel free!

I have a 2015 GT PP - DIB
Lots of work done to it...many of you know me already, so please add me as a friend, etc.

Here's a few pics of my car...

Last edited:

Sponsored

SgtRauksauff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 N6/Black Accent Base GT
yeah, I am really kind of bummed with how Cheverolet took such an iconic looking muscle car and basically "smooshed" (if that is a word) it down into a pancake style body line with absolutely horrible visibility. If you look at the older 60-70's camaros they had that nice shape to them... similar to the charger/challenger. At least Dodge stuck with the original retro look with some updated styling ques....
I do like the looks of the new gen6 camaro better than the gen5, but it still has that tank/gunport look to it. I could even get past that if it weren't for the poor visibility. The steering wheel was very well done, it fits better than the Mustang, especially since I usually use 9/3 after years of track days and autoX.

I wish the seat on the mustang went lower, like the camaro does (tall torso, i have to actually tilt the seat back a bit more than I'd like with a helmet on in the mustang), and the auto-revmatching was abso-freaking-lutely fantastic. 5-2 downshift at the edge of town to stomp it and boogie worked so beautifully, and downshifting from interstate speed around a cloverleaf offramp was equally smooth. HVAC controls are freakin' great. but I just couldn't see out of the thing. the lack of visibility gave sort of a disconnected feeling to the surrounding world. active exhaust was also glorious.

I'm used to the scalpel-precision of my "economy car" corolla GTS and mazda 323 for autoX, and was expecting something like a two-handed broadsword out of the mustang.. but I think it's a whole set of fine cutlery in one package, as long as all of the nanny's are turned off.

--sarge

Nvr2mucHP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Roush Warrior
welcome! I noticed you have flip flopped between coupes and convertibles? Any preference on which you have enjoyed more?
I think hands down I prefer the convertible! However, in my current climate, the vert didn't make sense. However the main reason is I knew I wanted a Roush, and I couldn't find a vert. It was honestly my only hesitation when making the switch, but ultimately it was worth it!

CursezZz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
i sold my 420whp WRX and I just bought a 15 GT PP. im from Baltimore, MD. whats up guys!!

U5qYMAy.jpg

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
going today to drive a 17 gt premium with the performance pack. Its priced to sell, and too cheap to ignore when debating an 18 car. If the trade goes well on my ST I'll be driving it by tomorrow.

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
Hello all my name is Jay and I'm a life long fan of cars but the Mustang has always held a special place in my heart. Put a deposit down on a 17' GT today that Ill be picking up next week. This will be my second Mustang after a long time without one. Looking forward to posting on here and learning lots. My last Mustang was a S197 GT. Threw in a picture link of the old girl! :)

http://imgur.com/O4Xik8I
Sponsored