Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well I ordered the opt7 signals after speaking to them about my concerns with them not working on some 2015s and was reassured by them that they had found the problem and it was fixed on all new units being shipped. Had them installed yesterday and sure enough, they don't work as everyone else with the problem stated. Obviously they haven't fixed the problem as they claimed, to say that I am annoyed is an understatement.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Sorry to hear that Deep and that is bullsh|t of them to lie like that...does anyone know if it works as its supposed to on 16's and 17's? Not sure I even want to take the chance but theirs has the best lighting pattern imho.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I got my Opt7 sequential front turn signals yesterday and installed last night. I did not remove the bumper but accessed via wheel well with wheels removed. Getting the assembly out was tough for us. The color keyed tabs are stubborn and it really wanted to hold on tight on the side closest the grill. Once the assembly removed it went pretty smoothly.

When they're working they look great!

Today I'm noticing an intermittent failure on the turn signal on each side. I get the clippity clop turn signal noise and sure enough it isn't lighting up. This only seems to occur with the headlights off. When it's not working, if I turn either the parking lights or headlights on, it begins working fine. This is happening maybe 1/10 times and on both sides.

Anyone else seeing this?
I found the problem...it's the charging system problem - not the blinker problem. Blinkers comes with load resistors but they will hyper-flash if your system voltage drops below 13V and blink only partially.

I have intermittent charging issue - sometimes my voltage drops to 12,8V with no reason, then it jumps to 14V again, then it drops to 13V and so on. I'm not sure if the problem lies in battery or alternator.
S197 models had some problems with bad alternators so I'm leaning towards this idea.

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Update, got in touch with Opt7 and they were back in contact very quickly. Was told that shipping dept messed up and sent old item. They're shipping me the parts to replace so I don't have to uninstall the units. They've been great to work with and I can't say that about too many companies out there. When working, these do look great, a bit bright, but a definite upgrade over regular switchbacks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Sorry to hear that Deep and that is bullsh|t of them to lie like that...does anyone know if it works as its supposed to on 16's and 17's? Not sure I even want to take the chance but theirs has the best lighting pattern imho.
I have a '16 and my Opt7s work perfectly.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I found the problem...it's the charging system problem - not the blinker problem. Blinkers comes with load resistors but they will hyper-flash if your system voltage drops below 13V and blink only partially.

I have intermittent charging issue - sometimes my voltage drops to 12,8V with no reason, then it jumps to 14V again, then it drops to 13V and so on. I'm not sure if the problem lies in battery or alternator.
S197 models had some problems with bad alternators so I'm leaning towards this idea.
The charging voltage on these cars varies, depending on load. There is nothing wrong with your charging system.
I will say that I tested voltage output of the factory turn signal trigger wire. Read 11.5 volts with only accessory power on and car not running. With the car running, voltage dropped to 10.9 volts. This small drop was enough to cause issues with my DRL sequential turns. I solved it by using relays, so the DRLs would get battery voltage every time they were activated by the turn signal trigger.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
When I read titles of post such as these I always feel a little excitement thinking that someone has come up with a unit that turns my factory drl's into a tri-bar amber sequential turn signal. ..wow that was my longest sentence ever lol...Ford, this was your chance to do this with the '18 headlight revamp..darn!

Last edited:

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
The charging voltage on these cars varies, depending on load. There is nothing wrong with your charging system.
I will say that I tested voltage output of the factory turn signal trigger wire. Read 11.5 volts with only accessory power on and car not running. With the car running, voltage dropped to 10.9 volts. This small drop was enough to cause issues with my DRL sequential turns. I solved it by using relays, so the DRLs would get battery voltage every time they were activated by the turn signal trigger.
Yes, I know...suppose to be a smart charging system aka shitty charging system.

Was not doing that before so something is wrong - or installing led sequential blinkers took all the load out form the system so, it's not bringing the charging voltage that high anymore. I don't have any bulb left in my car besides HID's...

I can see in in HPT - you can actually tune that voltage out to be higher. I'm going to try it. Funny thing that voltage depends on battery temp:

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Yes, I know...suppose to be a smart charging system aka shitty charging system.

Was not doing that before so something is wrong - or installing led sequential blinkers took all the load out form the system so, it's not bringing the charging voltage that high anymore. I don't have any bulb left in my car besides HID's...

I can see in in HPT - you can actually tune that voltage out to be higher. I'm going to try it. Funny thing that voltage depends on battery temp:
Interesting setup there. Let us know if you get it figured out.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Whoa, very good news a tune can help fix this..never thought about that as I thought they just mess with engine and tranny.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
And for those who want a fast solution for hyper-flashing. ForScan is your friend.

BCM module, as build data:

726-27-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx 1=outage, 0=no outage

This will deactivate the current control aka "outage" for front turns . Tested!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Nice! [MENTION=28279]veeefour[/MENTION] you should post it in the As-built thread as well.

Last edited:

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
As I understand it, the drl lights don't work unless the headlights or parking lights are on. But from all these pictures it seems like they work without the parking lights on. Is there any way to have them work without having the parking lights or headlights on?
Sponsored