SA Mustangs

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Hi guys, With the wait times coming down now, I bit the bullet just after Xmas and ordered a GT Fastback Manual in Oxford White. I'm told I have an April 2017 build slot with delivery in (approx) July 2017. We'll see I guess. Still pretty excited at this stage.

Hi Ozhood welcome to our little group.
Wow that would be a very quick delivery! look forwards to meeting at a future gathering.
Cheers Danny
Sponsored

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Hi guys, With the wait times coming down now, I bit the bullet just after Xmas and ordered a GT Fastback Manual in Oxford White. I'm told I have an April 2017 build slot with delivery in (approx) July 2017. We'll see I guess. Still pretty excited at this stage.
Lol another dealership lying to make a sale surely. I ordered 26th of May and still have no NSC, VIN or build date let alone a delivery date which I hope will be end of May or very early June.

I personally if I was you would take what your salesman said with a grain of salt as deliveries while they may have improved slightly haven't improved that dramatically. If you aim for 12 months that's a realistic goal.

ozhood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 (Ordered), FG XR6, Ford Territory
Lol another dealership lying to make a sale surely. I ordered 26th of May and still have no NSC, VIN or build date let alone a delivery date which I hope will be end of May or very early June.

I personally if I was you would take what your salesman said with a grain of salt as deliveries while they may have improved slightly haven't improved that dramatically. If you aim for 12 months that's a realistic goal.
Hi noboot,

You may well be right, and if so, theres not much I can do about it except wait, however its also possible Ford is catching up with their orders and so wait times are dropping.

I first enquired about a Mustang at Rebel Ford at Elizabeth in late Oct/early Nov and the salesman I spoke to told me the waiting was 12 to 15 months. He also told me that I couldn't test drive a car and I'd just have to order and wait and If I didn't like it I could just sell it for a profit. He took my details but I wasn't expecting anything. I think he thought I was just a tyre kicker.

In late Dec I got a call from him telling me "great new, the wait times have come down to 7 months, come and see him, blah blah"

As I was driving in to the city on a Friday night I passed by Stillwell Ford at Medinidie. They had an Oxford white one in the showroom, I went back the next day and it was parked outside the showroom. A salesperson came up to us as we looking at it and within about 2 minutes she offered us a test drive. I was pretty much sold at that point except it was an auto and I really wanted to try a manual. She explained that I was in luck because she would have a manual for me to test drive in the following week. I went back in after xmas and she gave me a manual to test drive and explained the the wait times had just come down to about seven months. So I ordered one then and there. I was still on the fence about an auto or manual though, so I went back the following week to drive an auto again. I took it for a good long drive and really worked the paddle shifters and decided I would stick with a manual. When I got back to the dealership I took an Ecoboost auto for a drive just for comparison(Great car by the way.. I was impressed)

Cant say enough good things about Stillwells, who let me test drive 4 different cars, although I had bought 3 cars from them in the past, so I guess I was an existing customer.

So that was 2 dealers who gave me similar wait times, and similar stories, so, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

ozhood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Hi Ozhood welcome to our little group.
Wow that would be a very quick delivery! look forwards to meeting at a future gathering.
Cheers Danny
Thanks Danny,

I look forward to catching up.

I did drop in to a Mustangs on the Move meet and cruise last night. There were a couple of S550's there, one Magnetic and on Ruby Red.

Cheers,

Richard

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Welcome mate, time to sit back and enjoy the ride. :thumbsup::cheers::headbang:

Sponsored

ozhood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)

Noboot,

I ordered mine on 28/12/16 and got my NSC on 12/01/17 so, things seem to be moving along a bit. Maybe check your status directly with Ford Australia?

Let's hope they are both worth the wait.

Cheers,

Richard

Jnr Spook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT Manual

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
I'll see you there, can't wait :) :)

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Weeeeer gonnnnna ave a mustang muster :headbang::D:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Jnr Spook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)

Jnr Spook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I will see you there Brett....not working on that day for a change, but will have early work start next day.
Finally a chance to catch up with you lot again...

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Hi All just a reminder that there is a cruise on next Sunday the 4th of Feb.
Check Meets and Events for details!
Cheers Danny
Sponsored