Sponsored

Mercedes E350 - No Rattles, unlike the Stang

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I was thinking about the one that was having what seemed to be vanos issues. Was it indeed the solenoid?

A Porsche 911 is one of the extremely few German cars I'd actually consider buying if I wanted German.
Ahh yes the M6 S85, still sitting. Needs all 4 VANOS solenoids @ ~$1,100 each. We tried cleaning them, no joy.

Yes I would love a Carerra S 6mt, but I just hate the way the flat-6 sounds. So hoarse.

I liked the interior on my 2011 GT as well. It was the base interior and IMO it was fine.

I custom ordered the saddle leather interior, never actually saw it in person before I convinced myself I needed it. Looking back I don't really know why, guess I didn't want a black interior or something. Still get compliments today.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Ahh yes the M6 S85, still sitting. Needs all 4 VANOS solenoids @ ~$1,100 each. We tried cleaning them, no joy.

Yes I would love a Carerra S 6mt, but I just hate the way the flat-6 sounds. So hoarse.

I custom ordered the saddle leather interior, never actually saw it in person before I convinced myself I needed it. Looking back I don't really know why, guess I didn't want a black interior or something. Still get compliments today.
I was pretty sure it was going to end up with needing those solenoids. Piece of shit bmws. Sucks for that owner.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I was pretty sure it was going to end up with needing those solenoids. Piece of shit bmws. Sucks for that owner.

Yeah I spent a few days trying to talk him out of replacing the failed VANOS high pressure oil pump saying that because it failed and the engine lost oil pressure that there was inevitable damage throughout the engine. He decided to do it anyway and here we are.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah I spent a few days trying to talk him out of replacing the failed VANOS high pressure oil pump saying that because it failed and the engine lost oil pressure that there was inevitable damage throughout the engine. He decided to do it anyway and here we are.
He was dumb enough to buy a bmw, let alone an M series, are you surprised he still pressed on? :lol:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
He was dumb enough to buy a bmw, let alone an M series, are you surprised he still pressed on? :lol:

He just called asking us to clear the codes so he can sell it, which was what he was asking for when he first brought it in. He can't seem to understand clearing codes isn't fixing the problems and the CEL comes right back on as soon as the engine is started. :frusty:

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
He just called asking us to clear the codes so he can sell it, which was what he was asking for when he first brought it in. He can't seem to understand clearing codes isn't fixing the problems and the CEL comes right back on as soon as the engine is started. :frusty:
a bmw should never be owned after the warranty ends. It should always be sold before as a selling point. :lol:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
They should be returned to BMW to be recycled for parts. That's how their brand new cars seem these days anyway, full of used parts waiting to fail at 50,001 miles.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It was quiet and serene
Are you really comparing a run of the mill commuter car to a Mustang with resonator removed and aftermarket mufflers in terms of quietness? Especially since the Roush mufflers you chose to go with are some of the loudest on the market.

Why can't Ford get the fit on the interior like those Germans?
Because one is a $25,000 car and the other costs $53,000???

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
When the 4cyl base version is a $50K+ car, it damned well better not rattle.

A $38K car with a 435HP V8 and ventilated seats should get a bit of latitude there.

Managing expectations and all that.
Sponsored