tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
I went:confused::confused::confused: to my dealer 7/25 and listed the options I want on the new car,but they haven't placed the order yet-7/29, are the order banks open from Ford, or is my dealer just dragging it's feet, any feed back will help, I'm anxious as all get out-thanks
Sponsored

Rohammers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP
I went to my Dealer yesterday and got my order in, they gave me the DORA the same day with a stock priority code rather than a retail priority code. They were telling me they're only accepting stock orders first and those are the cars that are built first so the dealerships have '18's on the lot rather than filling all retails first and having the customer drive off with it the same or next day and not having any cars on the lot. Hope this helps.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I went to my Dealer yesterday and got my order in, they gave me the DORA the same day with a stock priority code rather than a retail priority code. They were telling me they're only accepting stock orders first and those are the cars that are built first so the dealerships have '18's on the lot rather than filling all retails first and having the customer drive off with it the same or next day and not having any cars on the lot. Hope this helps.
Right. And I see no downside to having a stock order unless you feel guilty for corrupting a dealer into breaking a rule. Later in the year is better to have a retail order since it locks in the price the dealer pays and hence effects the negotiated price. I doubt Ford is planning to raise the price before the first orders are shipped.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
whats a DORA?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP