Sponsored

Disappointing Customer Service

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You are right they should have checked the item before they shipped to you but a mistake was made, you are not perfect either I am sure you have made mistake before. Again I think you should always check what was in the box. What if a pipe was damaged during shipping and you did not reported?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had this same issue with Kooks. They put the wrong part in the box and then wanted me to pay for shipping on sending the correct part. What a shit show that was.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
You should have checked the contents of the box before heading to the shop. Error was on the customer and the company. The shop should have also checked to ensure they had everything before they began taking things apart.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm in the sales and service business, I hear all the horror stories and desperately try to not create them myself.

However, I am not perfect, and sometimes shit happens. There are humans involved in every step, and sometimes they make mistakes.

OP; we all sympathize, and we hope everything gets worked out to your satisfaction. These cars are our babies, and some of us (myself included), can get really irritated when something we want to do gets messed up somehow. However, life happens, and these are truly 1st World problems.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
They didn't overnight it... and now there's a thread on the internet about their mistake.

...this is why you overnight it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Speedwagon

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
You should have checked the contents of the box before heading to the shop. Error was on the customer and the company. The shop should have also checked to ensure they had everything before they began taking things apart.
They should have checked the contents of what they were shipping so the customer would not be in this predicament in the first place... It always comes back to the supplier no matter what period!

OP
OP
Speedwagon

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the sales and service business, I hear all the horror stories and desperately try to not create them myself.

However, I am not perfect, and sometimes shit happens. There are humans involved in every step, and sometimes they make mistakes.

OP; we all sympathize, and we hope everything gets worked out to your satisfaction. These cars are our babies, and some of us (myself included), can get really irritated when something we want to do gets messed up somehow. However, life happens, and these are truly 1st World problems.
Understood, BUT, They should have at least sent my part over night to make it right. Its just going to leave that awful taste in my mouth. Know what I mean. Needless to say.. I will be taking my business somewhere else.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp

Agreed on all counts.

CVcashmere

OP
OP
Speedwagon

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You had the box for weeks but you never bothered to see what's in it. You should have checked and inspected the items and all this would have been fixed. They are human and they make mistakes just like you and me so dont act like is the end of the world.
I think you are missing the point here... If the correct parts was sent in the first place than I wouldn't have wrote this post and would have my car completed when it was suppose to. Its relative whether I looked in the box or not. The correct part should have been sent out in the first place.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You had the box for weeks but you never bothered to see what's in it. You should have checked and inspected the items and all this would have been fixed. They are human and they make mistakes just like you and me so dont act like is the end of the world.
He has a good point about always inspecting what's delivered. Yeah, hindsight is 20-20 but now you know for the future. Been there, done that. Sure, things like that shouldn't happen. But its good to ask yourself how much of a victim are you willing to be when it does. You can waste time of your choosing checking all the orders that arrive correct OR have wasted time and/or expense forced on you the few times they don't.

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
I think you are missing the point here... If the correct parts was sent in the first place than I wouldn't have wrote this post and would have my car completed when it was suppose to. Its relative whether I looked in the box or not. The correct part should have been sent out in the first place.
People will always miss the point, unless the event happens to them. Thus, they lack the ability to ever empathize with a person that has to go through the inconvenience. Companies need to realize that S550 Owners' time actually matters, and provide a form of compensation for the hassle of having to return and wait for usually expensive parts. If consumers don't speak up against vendors, then issues such as the OP's experience will continue to happen. You break it, you fix it.. pay for pickup and overnight.
Customer Service2.jpg

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see a few issues. here, First you had the item for a few weeks. It could have been caught by a visual inspection and this would have never had happed and the replacement part would have been there in time. Second, the shop, Why would they disassemble a car without matching the parts up first. I would understand that if the item was just sent the day before and you scheduled an appointment, than I'd agree with the next day delivery in that situation. But you had it for a few weeks, I lay some blame on you as a consumer. You should be verifying that you are providing the correct items to the shop since they didn't provide the parts, You chose to purchase the headers and hire them., Whether the box was sealed when you brought the car. You should have done the due diligence for the shop. They shouldn't see it as a mfg problem, but your problem, since you are hiring them to perform a specific job. Yes, Texas Speed was wrong, but they are rectifying the situation. They don't need to NDA an item when you already had it for weeks.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You're missing the point here too. If you would have checked the boxes when you got them, you could have caught the mistake and talked to them in time for them to ship you out the part and you get it by the time it came to install it. But since you didn't check the parts until the day of the install, any mistakes would then cause a delay in the install.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you for this. It is still 99% on them for shipping you the wrong stuff. But this could also have been a helluva lot less hassle for you if you had just taken 2 minutes to check. Yes they should have done their part and shipped you the right parts, but you as a consumer need to do your part in ensuring the proper stuff arrived.

So to me, it's a mistake on both the customer and the vendor which snowballed into a long delay.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You know what's great? That the company did correct the issue despite the delay. Many companies would wash their hands. Those are the companies you want to point a laser at and blast them into non-existence, for the good of the planet. This company made a mistake, fixed it when they were made aware of it, and did have unreasonable demands.

Yeah, they should have overnighted it given it was their mistake and the OP's situation. If I were the company, I would have said - "Tell you what, if we overnight it, you gotta put a review on your forum saying how great the experience was despite an innocent mistake - how we took care of you." If it were my company, I would have charged for overnight shipping and refunded it when I saw the review.
Sponsored