Sponsored

Locking Console Help!

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Hey y'all, you have helped me so much in the past, thank you! I'm hoping y'all can come through for me again. I want to add the components nessasaru for the locking and illuminated center console. My car did not come with this option from the factory. Another member had the components for sale but I missed out and they didn't have the part number (or numbers). I did get this picture though.

IMG_0609.png

Can y'all help me add the center console stuff I'm talking about? Thank you either way in advance.
Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I would like to know this as well

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!
Thanks for the picture. Unfortunately, many times the engineering numbers on the actual parts do not cross over on our end. I'd prefer to get a VIN from a car with these features. A car on EBAY motors usually works well. Would all of the premium models have this option?

Thanks
Mike R

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Thanks for the picture. Unfortunately, many times the engineering numbers on the actual parts do not cross over on our end. I'd prefer to get a VIN from a car with these features. A car on EBAY motors usually works well. Would all of the premium models have this option?

Thanks
Mike R
Thanks for your help Mike. Any mustang with an enhanced security package and all convertibles have this option (to my knowledge).

I did get this little jem of info from another forum member.

FR3B-63045C74-B/C is the part number not printed but on the injection molding. There is a sticker that has "P/N: 1685160X8B". Both show absolutely nothing when you search them. I have no clue why Ford doesn't just have one part number. There is also another sticker that simply says "BLACK LOCK" has a barcode and "X8BL".

I'm not sure if this info provides any leads.

I looked on eBay but it's difficult to confirm a car has it as most online sellers don't provide any detailed shots of their consoles.

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Here is a VIN# off eBay motors for a convertible premium package GT hat has the locking console.

1FATP8FF4F5435401

Ah snap! I think I found it. Could y'all take a look at this part number and see if it's the one?

FR3Z6306024CC

Thank you!

Sponsored

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!
Sorry for the delay! I've been out of the office for a few days, and not been on this website much.

For the VIN you gave me, I come up with part number FR3Z-6306024-CH. There's not much for details in my catalog, but I did notice "black stitching" and "with security pack". I can only guess this means it's lockable.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Does the diagram show any additional power or harness needed? I would like to get mine lockable as well. I have a premium which is lit on the inside just isn't lockable.

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!
The diagrams are rather lacking on my end as far as any harnesses needed. PM me your email, and I'd be happy to send you what I have from my catalog.

If this becomes more common, I'll have a better idea on whats needed, not needed, parts numbers, etc. This one is a bit new for me.

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Sorry for my impatience. Thank you for your help. PM sent.

Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1

Jperez228

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT
@Brando @Jperez228 Did either of you finish this project? I wanted to pick it back up and purchase the needed parts.Thanks

@fordsvtparts
I did, don't have the part numbers because I picked them off a donor vehicle. You need the center locking console and the wiring harness that ties into the existing lighting harness for the console. Afterwards you need to enable the locking console on FORscan.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I did, don't have the part numbers because I picked them off a donor vehicle. You need the center locking console and the wiring harness that ties into the existing lighting harness for the console. Afterwards you need to enable the locking console on FORscan.
THanks so much. I was going to buy a Console Lid brand new, are you saying this harness is separate from the wiring that comes with it?

Jperez228

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT
THanks so much. I was going to buy a Console Lid brand new, are you saying this harness is separate from the wiring that comes with it?
Yes, there is wiring inside the arm rest with the locking actuator and then a breakout harness that goes from the arm rest to the actual console itself.
Sponsored