Sponsored

No drill front end parking sensor

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Has anyone tried any of these? Are there any that don’t look hokie and do the job of protecting the splitter? I know it won’t help for clearance but one less thing to worry about, especially if lowered, won’t clear the parking stones.
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I bought one over a year ago but never installed it. I could not find anywhere on the front of the GT350 that it would not look out of place or would not get damaged. Been driving this car almost 2 years and never had an issue. I determined that I do not need it.

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Over a year later, I'm still not 100% use to the long front end. 95% of the time, I just back into a parking spot. If I have to go front first, I leave a lot of room for error.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The cars come installed with a disposable parking sensor, but unfortunately it costs over a thousand for replacements. Operation is simple though - when you hear the crunch you've gone too far.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
If "no drill" is your key parameter, this suggestion may not be of value.

I have a base R and have been looking at aftermarket rear view mirrors which have integral monitors. They make them with 2 separate monitors. These mount to the OE rear view mirror mount and accept up to 4 bluetooth/wireless cameras. I was considering adding one for back up and another under the front end to look at the splitter for parking/drive ways. Rear camera can mount to license plate mounts (no drill). Front end camera will be probably underneath, so any holes will not be visible or you can pick up an existing hole and make a bracket. I have not noodled out the details, but I will probably do something like this.

Good luck on your project and pls report back what you do. :cheers:
Sponsored