5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
HI All,
Twice in the last week I've noticed that the clutch pedal stays down. If I'm sitting in traffic for about 2-3 minutes with the clutch down then when I go to release it, it comes up 2-3cm and that's it. I can put my foot behind it and pull it up and then it seems to have normal travel.
I also think the clutch pedal "feels" different now.
Sorry to be so vague on symptoms......any thoughts anyone?
Richard
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
When mine did that it was about another 50-60 miles before the clutch blew out..just saying.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You holding the clutch down for 2-3 minutes?
I personally think there might be some leak in the master cylinder that when you press down for that long, the fluid is slowly leaking passing the seals till it's lost all it's pressure.
And no, don't hold the clutch down for that long. You are wearing out the throwout bearing.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I never sit there on the throw out bearing, I slip in to neutral and let it idle if it's more than a ~30 seconds

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I never sit there on the throw out bearing, I slip in to neutral and let it idle if it's more than a ~30 seconds
For me if I need to hold down the clutch for more than 5 seconds, I slip into neutral.

Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
[MENTION=24941]Zepboy[/MENTION] It's without a doubt in my mind your slave cylinder. I had a few issues before 1k miles on the odometer with the exact same thing. Clutch goes down but won't come back until you put your foot behind it and pull it up. When my car was at Finishline performance, I was in route and halfway there pick it up and Brian called and said it was doing the same thing, not returning...long story short he had to order me a new slave cylinder. Ford covered the part and he installed. Good as new now. Oh yeah...it had 4040 miles on the clock when it went completely out.

OP
OP
Zepboy

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
That's a really interesting observation. Thanks. It does sound very similar to what I experienced. Its being looked at today, so I'll ask whether they've looked at that at all.....

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Ok. Keep us posted!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Check the clutch spring on the top of the pedal. This was a common issue with the S197 cars that the spring would hold the clutch to the floor, but can be pulled back up manually. You can remove the spring completely, or replace it with a Steeda spring.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=24941]Zepboy[/MENTION] any new developments?

OP
OP
Zepboy

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Sorry.....I should have responded sooner. I had the car serviced Friday and they apparently bled the clutch. It's a completely different car to drive afterwards. Amazing what difference it makes.
At the same time, I also read and followed this thread : http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84132. Looking on my car there was definitely some movement in this line and I was able to push the connector on properly. My best guess at this point is that the way Ford have set this line up, it can come a little loose and whilst there might be minimal (or no) leakage of brake fluid, my suspicion is that it allows air into the line. The service guys couldnt see a leak, and the break fluid reservoir was FULL.......but bleeding the line seems to have made a big difference, so there simply MUST have been air in there somehow.

I hope this makes sense. I think the solution at present is to keep an eye on the connector (once a week or so) and the interesting thing for me will be to see whether it happens again. If so, my understanding is that simply pumping the clutch 150-200 times should bleed it.....If that's the case then it's something I can do myself. And I can think about replacing that line with a something that has better connectors....

5Oh_Trey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium (PP)
Vehicle Showcase
My clutch did the exact same thing on the highway going into 5th.. got stuck.. blew my clutch ): literally 3 days ago.
Sponsored