Sponsored

EU specs / options / schedule

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Meh; I'm not buying one and my "local" dealer is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. I was giving them information last time around! (you clearly have a decent..ish dealer!)
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Meh; I'm not buying one and my "local" dealer is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. I was giving them information last time around! (you clearly have a decent..ish dealer!)
Yes I do, he has purchased one for himself too and is as crazy as myself. :D

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I do, he has purchased one for himself too and is as crazy as myself. :D
I'm not surprised, and it explains an awful lot :cheers:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If I remember correctly the official order book didn't open until May 15, but the dealers were taking orders for some months prior to that (which then got stuck in a drawer and either processed at the appropriate time or forgotten about, depending on your dealer's level of competence). Pricing was released in Jan 15.
Quite right mate, I said "order books open" but as you say that was the release of the pricing and and opportunity to "get your place in the queue" which was a complete farce as we later found out, mine not being sent over to Ford for a couple of weeks.

Starting to feel like this time Ford perhaps want to avoid that waiting list scenario for the general public. I.e. when you place an order, it will go straight on to the system, await build date etc. and as Manders pointed out it may be that when Ford do decide to go full on with the marketing side of things, they might actually have a clue what is going on this time around.

Fair play if that is the case.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
My Ford dealer told me the score, I suggest you ring your dealer and see if they will divulge but I've being asked to keep it to myself, which is fair enough.
Did they tell you pricing too, or just timings?

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Occam's Razor...
To Ford the customer is, and always will be the least important factor in the manufacture and sale of motor vehicles.

After the farce last time round they still sold them by the Fidelio-load so I see no reason why it'd be different this time. Hope i'm wrong obv...

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
Do AutoExpress actually know the power of the 2018 GT or are they just making it up? In their November special, "118 brilliant new cars", they quote the power as 443 bhp up from 412 bhp.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Do AutoExpress actually know the power of the 2018 GT or are they just making it up? In their November special, "118 brilliant new cars", they quote the power as 443 bhp up from 412 bhp.
The Euro version gets 444 hp. Whether we also get that amount is yet to be seen (depends if the fix the RHD headers).

The current 412 hp is correct (due to slightly detuned tune we got and the dodgy RHD headers)

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
...oh, sorry, it's a Volvo.
I’m loving the new electric Volvo rental car. It’s a glorious looking thing. If only it could be offered in rwd with a v8 for sensible money!!!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Euro version gets 444 hp. Whether we also get that amount is yet to be seen (depends if the fix the RHD headers).

The current 412 hp is correct (due to slightly detuned tune we got and the dodgy RHD headers)
Does it really matter?

MY18's are going to respond so well to a header and tune combo anyway. Lets face it on the MY18 you don't need an exhaust, the stock system sounds glorious and its quite loud, headers will make it louder, de-cats louder again and of course delete centre resonator for a H or X pipe and it will be louder again, though I feel with catted headers it will be perfect.

A tune will take the car to around 500 horses, headers will take it to around 520-550, having owned one with 500HP in a slow manual on a roll it was still mighty quick, so the new car is going to be like a missile in comparison due to that ten speed and all the other engine updates.

In short buy it, spec mag ride and the car out the box should be very impressive and quicker than any tuned S550.1 completely stock if you go with the A10, you will even be beating some of the SC guys upto 100 leptons as well, hence its a much better all round car.

The real money needs to be spent on fixing the front-end. :D

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it really matter?

MY18's are going to respond so well to a header and tune combo anyway. Lets face it on the MY18 you don't need an exhaust, the stock system sounds glorious and its quite loud, headers will make it louder, de-cats louder again and of course delete centre resonator for a H or X pipe and it will be louder again, though I feel with catted headers it will be perfect.

A tune will take the car to around 500 horses, headers will take it to around 520-550, having owned one with 500HP in a slow manual on a roll it was still mighty quick, so the new car is going to be like a missile in comparison due to that ten speed and all the other engine updates.

In short buy it, spec mag ride and the car out the box should be very impressive and quicker than any tuned S550.1 completely stock if you go with the A10, you will even be beating some of the SC guys upto 100 leptons as well, hence its a much better all round car.

Does it matter? No; performance won't change.

But, I would say that 90/95% of owners will never modify their cars - certainly within the first 3 years/warranty period. I've seen a TON of them, especially locally, and beyond a certain (now sold) Blue car, not ONE of them had any kind of modification (I'm talking suspension, wheels, exhaust - obvious stuff!). So, yeah, getting a complete package is certainly something I'd want, over knowing I can spend ££££ on making it "right".

But, that front.. yeesh. :p

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Luckily for me I like the front end

Also, if all being equal and we get the same Hp as our Euro LHD friends, then our HP bump is greater then what the got in the States (over 30 for us compared to 25 in the States).

Not too shabby

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it matter? No; performance won't change.

But, I would say that 90/95% of owners will never modify their cars - certainly within the first 3 years/warranty period. I've seen a TON of them, especially locally, and beyond a certain (now sold) Blue car, not ONE of them had any kind of modification (I'm talking suspension, wheels, exhaust - obvious stuff!). So, yeah, getting a complete package is certainly something I'd want, over knowing I can spend ££££ on making it "right".

But, that front.. yeesh. :p

But I am answering a post on this forum, will fellow enthusiast where most the members here have indeed modded them. As such my post is aimed at fellow owners on these forums who most likely will modify.

My mods for the front, first of will be cheap route, try the black centre strip as seen on some renders, looks nice. If that fails, favourite so far is Cervini splitter and hood for it. :)
Sponsored