2018 Mustang Fleet Brochure

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Has there been confirmation of 2 separate performance packages?

When I spoke to a Ford rep at the Houston auto show, who said mostly does test driving in Michigan, I mentioned there being two separate performance packages to offer different sets and he said "why would we ever offer two separate performance packages. It would only make sense to offer performance-based upgrades in a single package."
The only confirmation was the leaked order guide from this thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69847
Performance Package 2 was coded as 673. The regular PP is 67G and EcoBoost PP is 67E. I'd take what that rep said with a grain of salt, but this further drives my idea that PP2 might be a mildly upgraded sub-model beyond the Performance Pack.

They're sticking with the base model getting a 4.2" screen with Sync2 :doh:

A base model Chevy Spark even gets a 8" touchscreen with Android Auto....
Yeah I was disappointed to see this in the initial 2018 release. Chevy and Dodge both have better standard infotainment with touchscreens. If Ford didn't want to make the premium screen any bigger then they should have just made a 6 inch screen with larger bezel. Unfortunately there's nothing like that in the Ford parts bin. I think the base model screen will probably work against it as not having a touchscreen in a 32k 2018-2020 model year car will be pretty absurd. Like you said, even base model econoboxes get this stuff. No excuse at this point.
Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP

Yeah...as a 2015 non-premium owner, I'd say the base cars are sitting a little behind the curve in this department. Check the MK7 or refreshed MK7.5(?) GTI interface for reference. Low/mid $20k cars with a big ol' touchscreen, Apple/Android, etc. :shrug:
Actually, a base model should be just that -- a base model.

There are still people that rather enjoy driving the car in lieu of having a contest wth everyone else over whose base model has more crap to fiddle with. All the stuff has done over the years is drive up complexity, cost, and weight. If people want it, it should be an option.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market

There are still people that rather enjoy driving the car in lieu of having a contest wth everyone else over whose base model has more crap to fiddle with. All the stuff has done over the years is drive up complexity, cost, and weight. If people want it, it should be an option.
At this price point. A larger screen is a standard product. A mid-range Honda civic sedan has better tech than the base model mustang and those run over 10k cheaper.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium

I am one of those who prefer to drive, rather than have a complex system to deal with. Having a ton of buttons, like the base model, is bulky and fairly complex (let alone ugly). As for cost, having a non-nav Sync3 option for the base models would likely be a negligible increase in cost, one that most of the younger minded buyers would be very happy to absorb. Hell, get rid of the CD Player and it may even save Ford money. A base model buyer is likely a college student or young professional who doesn't have premium money. They likely don't care for having a CD player anyways.

A base model Camaro or Challenger has a better infotainment system and similar power. If driving is what someone wants, and infotainment comes 2nd, then the Camaro or Challenger may steal away potential base model buyer. In the end, it's a bad decision to continue with the 4.2".... IMO

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I thought I remember reading somewhere that the nicer leather is combined with the digital cluster all in the Premium Plus package. Since this is the 401A package now, my guess is it'll still include the Shaker Pro and memory seats, but will kick the blind spot monitoring and cross traffic detection into the Safe and Smart package, and give you the nicer leather and digital cluster instead. Hoping we see a breakdown of packages soon.
And I thought I remember they were removing the Shaker from 401A and adding in NAV as standard lol. :shrug:

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Still no horsepower number? They really are trying to keep it as a secret.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
And I thought I remember they were removing the Shaker from 401A and adding in NAV as standard lol. :shrug:
Oh yeah I remember reading that now too. Well I'm stumped. Maybe they were still adjusting the packaging back then, or maybe the sound system will be a standalone option? :shrug:

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I am one of those who prefer to drive, rather than have a complex system to deal with. Having a ton of buttons, like the base model, is bulky and fairly complex (let alone ugly). As for cost, having a non-nav Sync3 option for the base models would likely be a negligible increase in cost, one that most of the younger minded buyers would be very happy to absorb. Hell, get rid of the CD Player and it may even save Ford money. A base model buyer is likely a college student or young professional who doesn't have premium money. They likely don't care for having a CD player anyways.

A base model Camaro or Challenger has a better infotainment system and similar power. If driving is what someone wants, and infotainment comes 2nd, then the Camaro or Challenger may steal away potential base model buyer. In the end, it's a bad decision to continue with the 4.2".... IMO

I'm sure it's all based on priorities in life but IMO Mustangs aren't an expensive vehicle. Being a young professional, I make roughly the real median income in the US and a fully loaded 2018 GT PP2 Premium will be easily obtainable. I also understand it depends on an individuals situation etc but a 30-40k vehicle monthly payment with the new 84-month auto loans I've seen here in Houston aren't difficult to handle.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm sure they will be well known by the time orders open.

Side note - you go through a lot of Mustangs in a quick order. :mullet:
Indeed I do :ford:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How long are they going to drag out releasing the final performance numbers? That kind of stuff should be announced by the time you can order the car.
Usually they wait till they receive certification from the EPA on all variants. That should be any day now.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly

So you have a choice:

A more powerful drivetrain and performance suspension in a sports coupe...

or!..

A sub-compact tinker toy with a 8" touch screen.

Your choice.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I think I would much prefer Nav over Shaker pro, hopefully this is the case! Using my phone just gets obnoxious, it's definitely more convenient to have nav built into the dash.

And to the base Mustang vs Spark thing. The Spark is definitely pandering towards millenials who can't survive without gadgets. The base Mustang is definitely not following that model. The premium Mustang, however, is. But that is more focused towards Trustafarians.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I think I would much prefer Nav over Shaker pro, hopefully this is the case! Using my phone just gets obnoxious, it's definitely more convenient to have nav built into the dash.
The only problem with that is I'm sure the price of 401A won't go down at all, even though NAV is a cheaper option than Shaker.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The only problem with that is I'm sure the price of 401A won't go down at all, even though NAV is a cheaper option than Shaker.
One can only hope. The packages offered on the S550 at release that had bundled some previously separate S197 options were cheaper overall. But the option prices slowly crept up as time went out. Maybe that will happen with the refresh...:shrug:

It's definitely cheaper for Ford to bundle them all versus taking time to build out individual options, who knows if they will transfer those savings to us.

BAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
ditto...

It's sad I got excited when I saw the legroom of 45.1 being 6'6" tall.
<==36" inseam...

(cough) Tan interior would look especially good on a mid-year release HG/DHG colored version (cough)...
Sponsored