Sponsored

Bullitt S550 Mustang Leaked in Video?

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yeah, makes sense. I'd bank on the Expedition in Chicago too. New York is a big enough show for multiple Ford debuts, but everyone keeps saying a high performance Mustang (GT500) might debut there. So who knows, maybe Ford won't reveal it till LA in the fall like the 08 or just post it online sometime before then (like on the 50th anniversary of the movie release in October like TopNotch suggested). :shrug:
I think waiting until October to unveil it is way too long. I like the idea, but 2018 model year is half over, by then...
Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I remember when the 01 Bullitt came out, sorry but what a POS.
Ford was charging $$$ just for the name. It had like a different intake adding a whopping 5hp from the stock 260hp. It also had suspension goodies too, but for $26k it was crap, lol.
I just looked up what the '01 Cobra costs and it was $29k. Yea, I'd rather get the Snake.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Hmm, regular 2018 Mustang GT Premium or the option of a Bullitt for my first Mustang owned? That could be interesting. I had a friend with a 2001 Bullitt in college and it was pretty sweet. I love that dark green color too.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I think that's partially what screwed them on the 08s that forced them into 09. Launched right as winter was starting and only had the spring and summer to move them. If they go on sale the same time as the regular 2018s at least they'd hopefully have August, September and October to move some. If they drag their feet with the launch though I'll wait to place an order till the end of next winter. I don't want to have it showing up when there's snow on the ground.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
2015 Guard S550

I honestly think Guard was a secret trial test-bed to see if the market was wanting another Bullitt. It's close-ish to highland green and those wheels were clearly "inspired" by torque thrusts.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
If the Bullitt is an option for the 18MY it will be my next car. I mean I am 99.9% sure I am buying a 18 GT PP anyways(.1% chance I get a Scat Pack) but that goes to 100% with a Bullitt

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
what's all the fuss bout?

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here is my 08. Absolutely love this car. It's in storage now, though. Can't wait for Spring to get here!

It's not the fastest or the loudest, but IMHO, it's the coolest S197 Mustang Ford ever made. An S550 Bullitt would be no different!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'd imagine the Bullitt would be launched in San Francisco with an online reveal......so anytime, really. I'm not getting my hopes up for any autoshow reveal!

I'd hope when it's launched they give us the full breakdown of the spec......so this means it'd have to be after Ford give us the specs/prices of the stock GT/Ecoboost....and that's likely, when, April/May time when the order banks open?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I'd imagine the Bullitt would be launched in San Francisco with an online reveal......so anytime, really. I'm not getting my hopes up for any autoshow reveal!

I'd hope when it's launched they give us the full breakdown of the spec......so this means it'd have to be after Ford give us the specs/prices of the stock GT/Ecoboost....and that's likely, when, April/May time when the order banks open?
Well it looks like history is repeating itself a little bit with the 2018's like it was in 2014 with the launch of the S550.

It wouldn't shock me at all if we get order guides and pricing in late april/early may and then we don't get final power figures till July.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
It wouldnt shock me if Ford made an eco boost bullitt. Light weight, minimal power bump, charge another $5k+ all for that badge.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh good grief, yes, I forgot the S550's power stats were released a way after the order banks opened :(
Sponsored