Sponsored

Aftermarket Android Unit in Factory Looking Bezel

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'm not sure if anyone has seen these yet, but I was floating around Ebay and came across an Android unit that's built into a bezel that looks like one from the factory. This is very interesting and may be appreciated by those looking to retain an almost factory look.

It looks to have a "brain" like the Tesla unit has and its DVD capable. I'm not sure if SYNC is lost, I would assume it is. The factory HVAC and audio control buttons/knobs are retained, so there would be no soldering like the other 10.4" android unit. It says it has 2 operating styles, WinCE and Android. I wonder if there's some kind of dual bolt system to go into a TomTop like GUI, as well as Android. It's specs aren't very impressive though. Check it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2015-20...ash=item2f028d9915:g:sRcAAOSw5UZZAHPj&vxp=mtr
Sponsored

Last edited:

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
If the price was lower in the 300 range with its specs it might be worth picking up just to experiment with...just the fact alone it's an android unit and it maintains factory HVAC controls is great. I don't know much about audio systems and head units, but if it had pre amp outs, can be rooted, and maintains SWC it could be interesting. Like I said all in pricing. I would do it if all the above was on point. Then you could even get Zack's google switch conversion kit from shapeway and have a nice base upgrade on a budget. Wish bezel had the chrome trim too, lol.

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Well, that head unit is surely interesting. Desoldering the knobs have prevented me from getting the 10.4" android head unit.

The price is definitely off-putting - should be in the $350 neighborhood
Looks like it's running Android 4.4.4 - kind of old, would prefer 6.x
Shows an "AUX-Out" - could these be preamp outputs?
The specs are a bit soft (resolution, RAM, processor) but seem okay
It looks to be the original tomtop unit with android instead of wince

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for providing a link to a completely different unit? :shrug:
no need to be a dick dude! is it really all that different? much like the Tesla unit you all tried? couple different units by name only, when in actuality its theyre the same crap Chinese units

after looking at both, they are different, but in the end, the same Chinese made shit running way outdated Android versions

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
no need to be a dick dude! is it really all that different? much like the Tesla unit you all tried? couple different units by name only, when in actuality its theyre the same crap Chinese units
Woah, my intentions were nothing of the sort, I wasnt trying to be a dick. I wasnt sure why you posted the link, but can understand that they may be similar, being that its likely just a different variation of the same stuff we already know about.

I made a separate thread for this unit be cause the huge 10" screens may be a turn off for some. I know it still sort of is for me, hence why I'm going to Sync3.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Woah, my intentions were nothing of the sort, I wasnt trying to be a dick. I wasnt sure why you posted the link, but can understand that they may be similar, being that its likely just a different variation of the same stuff we already know about.

I made a separate thread for this unit be cause the huge 10" screens may be a turn off for some. I know it still sort of is for me, hence why I'm going to Sync3.
my apologies bro, I read it wrong.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I having a hard time understanding why it seems every single one of these units is from China with old Android OS's on them. No one in North America or Europe does anything like this? I can't stand the "Tesla" style units and prefer this kind that lets you at least keep your mechanical A/C knobs (I know this one in this thread you keep all knobs).

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I having a hard time understanding why it seems every single one of these units is from China with old Android OS's on them. No one in North America or Europe does anything like this? I can't stand the "Tesla" style units and prefer this kind that lets you at least keep your mechanical A/C knobs (I know this one in this thread you keep all knobs).
Yeah I'd love to buy a current android hardware and software unit without the same Chinese bugs and translations, bought directly from a US distributor.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
If it was made in the US, it would be very overpriced unfortunately.
Sponsored