Sponsored

USB ports do not read media on pendrive/phone (SYNC 3 v1.0)

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
I found out a weird issue today.

I had never connected my phone or pendrive for media before. Just used it for charging and connected phone via Bluetooth for media.

To do the sync 3 v2.2 update, I formatted the pendrive to FAT32 and exFat, copied files, and left the pendrive in with car running for 15mins, and tried in both USB ports. It never read the pendrive (no message about indexing).

So I tried connecting my phone via USB (both ports) for media. I don't see any message for indexing etc. No message on phone to use usb as media. It does charge fine. No option in audio sources for usb.

Is something wrong somewhere in the car? Does anyone know a fix for it?

My sync auto update is not triggering, and there is no option to trigger update checking manually since I am on sync 3 v1.0. Tried connecting to different wifi networks, and turning auto update off and on again. It checked automatically last on 04/19.
So I need the USB ports to work fine to update since I don't know when auto update will trigger next. Can be tonight or after few weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
K'stang

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone faced this issue, or know what I can check to determine where the issue is?

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Has anyone faced this issue, or know what I can check to determine where the issue is?
When I had my '15 GT, I had to perform a master re-set. Although it was a SYNC 2..... I was able to resolve a similar USB issue.

OP
OP
K'stang

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I had my '15 GT, I had to perform a master re-set. Although it was a SYNC 2..... I was able to resolve a similar USB issue.
Thank you for your response.

I did try master reset last night. Did not change anything, except I lost my Nav data.
Sponsored