Sponsored

Where to take a road trip

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
This May 5 - 14 I have some free time and want to take a road trip somewhere. Are there any big mustang meets in SoCal or NewEngland. Florida is pretty boring as far as the Mustang scene goes.
Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
LOTS of great drives in SoCal and up in Northern CA. Mullholand Drive was cool. Up by Monterrey Bay is nice too....

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost with PP
Mullholand is a good one day trip with Stunt and the Snake right next to it as well!!!

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
Haul ass through flyover territory, but take your time with scenic and interesting stuff. Driving up hwy 1 rules if you want to put in that kind of time. Couldn't you hit a mix of Eastern US places and up to Niagara Falls or something? Blue Ridge Parkway, tail of the Dragon, Nashville is kinda cool. I dunno...road trips can be almost unplanned and turn out pretty great.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
hwy 1 is a dope drive except due to all the floods all the roads are beat to shit. i would avoid that for awhile

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Hah, I have about the same days off (April 29th to May 12th) and I'm driving down to Naples FL to visit some family. First time I've decided I wanted to drive 1400 miles each way instead of flying when I didn't have to.

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
There are some good ones in new england too. If you come this way, let me know, me and a few other mustang pals will join

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Man, road trips are fun in this car. I drove from UT to CA and it was a blast, that drive had me going across the barren flat open US-6 which I thoroughly loved because I got to screw around a little bit on a flat wide open road with nobody on it that you could see ahead of yourself for miles and miles. It was the middle of summer so I got to take the Yosemite route, soon as you get into CA and go across the border you had these rolling hills that you could feel your stomach dropping on if you hauled ass over them. That was fun. And the drive through Yosemite its self was gorgeous, I miss living out in them mountains. UT doesn't have mountains and a clusterfuck of pine trees like that. Well, we have plenty of mountains, that was worded funny. But they're not the Sierras, damn it! My destination was about 14 miles south of the southern Yosemite entrance. I'm definitely tempted to take that drive again next July.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yep hit the tail of the dragon.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
If you are looking for a fun driving experience you could start in North Georgia and drive these roads:

Six Gap
The Gauntlet

Head a bit further north into North Carolina and drive:

The Dragon
Cherohala Skyway
Blueridge Parkway
Moonshiner 28
Devils Triangle
The Snake
Diamondback
The Road to Nowhere
The Rattler

All provide tons of twistie fun.
Probably wont find many car meets though in that area if thats your main goal.
But for a fun driving experience? HELL YEAH!
I'd recommend NC but all most of these roads have speed limit of 35MPH.
Nothing like getting stuck behind a minivan that cannot pull aside.:frusty:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Tail of the Dragon is also very busy. Hwy 441 out of Gatlinburg over to Cherokee NC is pretty fun, if you like vintage motorcycles you can hit the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley. Head up Blue Ridge Pkwy from there.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Blue Ridge Parkway, tail of the Dragon, Nashville is kinda cool. I dunno...road trips can be almost unplanned and turn out pretty great.
I am actually taking this exact trip in August, should be a lot of fun! I usually did this trip on my motorcycle so this will be the first time in a car!
Sponsored