Sponsored

Crazy DashCam Footage!!!

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
Guys if you could share this 1min video even with your non carguy friends I'd appreciate it! Crazy!!!

[ame]
Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I had a similar experience except it was a three lane highway. A car in the next lane about 5 or 6 car lengths in front of me hit a piece of metal (a small leaf spring or a piece of one) and launched it just like the sunroof in the vid except not as high, from my POV it looked like the driver threw something from his window up and over his roof. It flew over his roof and was spinning end over end and coming right at my face, I swerved to the right and it hit the windshield pillar of my Jeep Renegade, shattering the windshield. After hitting the windshield pillar it spun around and went thru the drivers side window, shattering that into bits and hit me in the ribs below my left armpit. I ended up with cuts from the flying glass, a nasty black and blue bruise and a dinged up Jeep. I found the piece of metal in the back of my Jeep when I was vacuuming up the shattered glass, should've kept it as a souvenir.

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Wow, did you sue the city/county?
No, I doubt you'd have a case against the local Govt for something like that. I was highly pissed at the driver of the car where I believed the UFO originated from. I chased him down, honking, flashing my lights and signaling for him to pull over which he eventually did. I told him what I thought happened and he swore he didn't throw anything but might have run over something. I told him I'd follow him back to where this happened and we would try and find whatever it was that hit my car. He agreed so we circled back to the scene and found several other cars pulled off on the shoulder with flats, they had all run over metal objects in the roadway. At that point it was clear the guy was telling the truth and that was that. I had to file a claim with my insurance company which covered it.