Alien Covenant

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Anyone else looking forward to this movie coming out?
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I am! Probably my biggest movie this year (sorry Star Wars!). So stoked.

That and the new IT movie looks awesome!

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I am! Probably my biggest movie this year (sorry Star Wars!). So stoked.

That and the new IT movie looks awesome!
I'm glad you posted!! Last night I told my wife I must be the only Aliens nerd on the forum:shrug:

Side note: That movie out now called Life looks cool. If you like the Alien franchise this might be up your alley:cheers:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad you posted!! Last night I told my wife I must be the only Aliens nerd on the forum:shrug:

Side note: That movie out now called Life looks cool. If you like the Alien franchise this might be up your alley:cheers:
I've heard terrible things about that movie... I was interested and will wait for a rental.

I love the Alien franchise. I just got done doing an Alien marathon with my 6 year old last week.

Sponsored

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the minority here, because I liked Prometheus and it looks like instead of getting a proper sequel we're getting more of an Alien mish-mash. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but from what I've read it sounds like Ridley Scott and his creative team backtracked on doing a proper Prometheus sequel (due to poor critical response toward that movie) and retooled it as more of an Alien prequel, at least from the aesthetic point of view.

Regardless of how this movie looks, I hope we get to find out what happened to the female protagonist from Prometheus (can't remember her character's name, think she was place by Noomi Rapace) and Fassbender's character on their quest to find the engineers. Unfortunately, based on the trailer it doesn't look like that's what we're getting.

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the minority here, because I liked Prometheus and it looks like instead of getting a proper sequel we're getting more of an Alien mish-mash. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but from what I've read it sounds like Ridley Scott and his creative team backtracked on doing a proper Prometheus sequel (due to poor critical response toward that movie) and retooled it as more of an Alien prequel, at least from the aesthetic point of view.

Regardless of how this movie looks, I hope we get to find out what happened to the female protagonist from Prometheus (can't remember her character's name, think she was place by Noomi Rapace) and Fassbender's character on their quest to find the engineers. Unfortunately, based on the trailer it doesn't look like that's what we're getting.
I also like Prometheus. I think the main criticism was not enough Aliens in the movie, and he said he addressed that. Prometheus made a lot of money despite mixed reviews. That's why there's now Alien Covenant, and already another movie behind it.

It's pretty obvious to me that David is the real bad guy in this one in killing engineers and humans a like. At least the trailer and YouTube theory videos strongly suggest it.

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I've heard terrible things about that movie... I was interested and will wait for a rental.

I love the Alien franchise. I just got done doing an Alien marathon with my 6 year old last week.
I was able to watch Life on Kodi, and yeah it's really bad. Boring...

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to watch Life on Kodi, and yeah it's really bad. Boring...
Damn that sucks. I had that feeling, looked good from the trailer, but everyone told me otherwise.

I too am in the minority as I loved Prometheus.

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Damn that sucks. I had that feeling, looked good from the trailer, but everyone told me otherwise.

I too am in the minority as I loved Prometheus.
Not sure if you have seen any of the below, but if not they are definitely worth a shot. These three are a few of my favorites in the sci-fi genre.

Event Horizon
Sunshine
Pandorum

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you have seen any of the below, but if not they are definitely worth a shot. These three are a few of my favorites in the sci-fi genre.

Event Horizon
Sunshine
Pandorum
Seen and enjoyed all. Event Horizon is one of my absolute favorites.

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Event Horizon
Sunshine
Pandorum
Totally looking forward to Covenant as well. I like Prometheus as well as Event Horizon, haven't seen the other two. I'll have to check them out.

P.S. thanks for the heads up on Life. I had heard it was boring but not from a sci-fi horror fan. I'll be avoiding it.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know I want to bump this up since I finally had a chance to watch Life. I don't understand all the hate. I actually enjoyed it for what it was. Was it the next Alien? No, but I personally enjoyed it and will hopefully grab it on 4k UHD on Black Friday for cheap. Can't wait for Alien Covenant on 4k UHD 8/15!
Sponsored