Sponsored

COMPETITION ORANGE S550 MUSTANG Thread

Mriley

Perfect! Just what I was looking for. BTW, anyone know what the 1,2,3 buttons are that are right next to the lock and unlock? Its right at 2:00 mins in the video.
Those are memory seat buttons. They're the same ones found on other current Ford vehicles (like the Fusion).

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
How did he get pink out of that?

Anyway it looks good and I'm not a huge orange guy myself.
I'm starting to think that Ford added some pearlescent to the CO color which is why it seems to change shades of orange in certain light.

I think he may mean a slight reddish hue like a ripened peach, not that it is pink. It seems to shift anywhere from yellow-orange to orange to red-orange to tomato soup or peach red depending on the light and angle of the shot taken.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the original CO color on the Boss302's and Cobras did not have any pearl in the paint did they?

smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Auto, 13 Escape SEL
More competition orange from the Portland Auto Show this weekend. I thought the Guard car was going to be there, so I was kinda bummed. :confused:
Car definitely looks better in person.

Anyway, enjoy. The last two photos demonstrate how the setting on your camera effect the color (it's automatic, so I don't know or care to know for that matter. just thought it was interesting ;)
DSC08150.jpg
DSC08156.JPG
DSC08167.JPG
DSC08163.JPG
DSC08164.JPG

Sponsored

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Man that almost looks red. Thanks for posting.
I dont think that almost looks red, i think it DOES look red, especially when you compare it to the red vehicle in the background on one of those pics

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I like these black wheels better than the GT pp wheels. I think this color combo I'd get if i were to get a PP Ecoboost.
I agree. Black wheels look best with larger spokes. The multi spoke PP wheels Ford has been showing don't do the car any favors.

As far as comp orange goes I'll just say it's not for me.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
More competition orange from the Portland Auto Show this weekend. I thought the Guard car was going to be there, so I was kinda bummed. :confused:
Car definitely looks better in person.

Anyway, enjoy. The last two photos demonstrate how the setting on your camera effect the color (it's automatic, so I don't know or care to know for that matter. just thought it was interesting ;)
Ugh. These pics confirm my fears. CO is basically a red with a touch of orange in it. I don't understand how this color can change so much with each shot taken of it. And as someone pointed out, it is barely a shade more orange than the red car behind it. I don't want a tomato soup red car. Looks like TY is still my first choice.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Ugh. These pics confirm my fears. CO is basically a red with a touch of orange in it. I don't understand how this color can change so much with each shot taken of it. And as someone pointed out, it is barely a shade more orange than the red car behind it. I don't want a tomato soup red car. Looks like TY is still my first choice.
Have you not seen any of the older models in comp orange in person before?? It's quite a bit brighter out in the sunlight.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Have you not seen any of the older models in comp orange in person before?? It's quite a bit brighter out in the sunlight.
Strangely enough no I haven't. Its all Camaros and Challengers around here. Very few Mustangs and I don't remember any of the few local dealers in my area having CO on their lots when they were out. I really need to see this color in person as the picture variances are driving me crazy.

Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Yeah you definitely need to see one in person before you check it off your list. It's like grabber blue, first pics I saw of it I was like what the hell??. But then I saw one in person and was like damn that looks good. Lol

Tressel

Nice pictures smitty. You make a good point about the camera settings and with all of the auto show lights it's just hard to judge this color right now.

My friend had a comp. orange Cobra back in the day and it is a tricky color and sometimes does lean towards the red side of the spectrum.

smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Auto, 13 Escape SEL
My favorite colors in recent years have been highland green and sunset gold if that tells you anything. Kind of enjoyed the grabber blue too. I like the competition orange.. It just wouldn't be for me. I'd really like them to do a Jade green mica (almost black) with an anthracite wheel that has metallic highlights. That would be very tough looking. :thumbsup: