Sponsored

TRIPLE YELLOW S550 MUSTANG Thread

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Great Pictures.

Loving the way it looks with the leather recaros, It gives the interior even more of a premium look.

As for TY, from all of the pics it really looks like this is a true yellow right?
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
It appears to be a very true yellow. The color is deeper in person. My camera flash tends to wash the color. I don't see any hints of either orange or green in the color. The histogram on both my camera and my PS shows the yellow dead nuts between the orange and green pallets. That of course is the picture, not the paint. I think it looks great, especially with the black wheels and trim.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I made some real mild color adjustments to some of the yellow shots in this thread. Someone with access to the RAW material would obviously have better results. I haven't seen the car in person so this was just me fooling around with Lightroom.

DSC04203.jpg

DSC04201.jpg
2015 Mustang GT Triple Yellow-1.jpg
2015 Mustang GT Triple Yellow-2-1.jpg

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
I made some real mild color adjustments to some of the yellow shots in this thread. Someone with access to the RAW material would obviously have better results. I haven't seen the car in person so this was just me fooling around with Lightroom.

DSC04203.jpg

DSC04201.jpg
These look great. That yellow is perfect for a yellow IMO

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Thanks for all the pictures guys, they have restored my hopes a little bit :)

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I had a yellow 2001 Escape as a first car so it does have a little place in my heart as a color. I tried to make the triple yellow match my memory of that car but of course these are only pictures I'm going off of.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Some impressions. I like the yellow, not enough to buy it myself but it really looks better in person than my pictures. I like the way they extend the splitter down the sides, even past the rear wheel. This is a GT with either the Track Pack or Performance Pack. I love the engine turned dash and center gauges. I like the rear valance black. I like the recaros, they look to be higher quality materials. Overall the car has a higher quality look. No new information from the Ford people, nothing that we don't already know. I will be buying a 2015 convertible. Just a matter of when.
Thanks a lot for these awesome pictures! I gotta say TY is growing on me fast. I thought I was leaning more toward CO but I'm not sure that's the case anymore. It would help if we could see more pics of the CO. I hope to be able to see some colors in person before I choose. In any case, thanks again for some great shots!

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I visited the Chicago auto show today. Not a lot I can say that hasn't already been said but here are my thoughts anyway. First, the car is sweet in person...so much better than any pics. The overall package looks sleek and refined. My favorite part is probably the rear. From the fastback that flows into the wide haunches to the tai lights. Around front the LED gills are a nice signature touch. The interior looks more refined and the steering wheel seemed noticeable smaller in my opinion. Now onto the color. Triple yellow impressed me. It's a true yellow and it's deep and vibrant. It's not washed out when you see it in person. Lastly, the black wheels also looked better in person. I was not really a fan of that look prior to today. I don't have any pics worth posting unless someone is desperate for smartphone quality images.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I was going to go down to the show today, but the Metra electric train was delayed over 45 minutes due to the miserable subzero cold weather we've been getting. I didn't feel like driving to McCormick place, so I kept my train ticket and will try again Thursday.

I will try to get some good pics, but I don't know if I can do any better than some of the fantastic pics already posted.

waltnono

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eaton swap 95
I saw it at the Chicago auto show and I was a little disappointed that they only had one color. I guess the other colors are spread out around the country. I didn't like it at first but the more I look at my pictures, the more I like it. Love the interior :eyebulge:

Chicago Auto Show by waltnono, on Flickr

IMG_1489 by waltnono, on Flickr

Sponsored

Robinson

That yellow really pops out in your pictures. Nice photo skills (or really good camera).

I have hope yet for this color, it looks much richer now than I originally saw. Throw a tint on there and it could look purty sexy.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Finally saw it in person yesterday. The lower height and wider hips are definitely noticeable compared to the current model. Looks more planted. Definitely a bit sleeker as well.

Loved the illuminated gills inside the headlamp. Very nice touch.

Still can't stand yellow, so that spoiled the experience a bit. Some of the nicer lines don't show through that great in this color IMO. Also not a big fan of the blacked out wheel fad.

Overall I think the car is much more mature looking than the current car. It does have a very European sports coupe feel to it. Which is a good thing IMO.

Interesting to note. They had two 2014 GTs and a GT500 and those seemed to draw a lot more of a crowd than the S550, but that's probably because those were unlocked and open.

Overall, I liked it. Definitely not the best looking car there. That would go to the Jaguar F type coupe. Best car, bar none, at the show. Pure sex on wheels.

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
Finally saw it in person yesterday. The lower height and wider hips are definitely noticeable compared to the current model. Looks more planted. Definitely a bit sleeker as well.

Loved the illuminated gills inside the headlamp. Very nice touch.

Still can't stand yellow, so that spoiled the experience a bit. Some of the nicer lines don't show through that great in this color IMO. Also not a big fan of the blacked out wheel fad.

Overall I think the car is much more mature looking than the current car. It does have a very European sports coupe feel to it. Which is a good thing IMO.

Interesting to note. They had two 2014 GTs and a GT500 and those seemed to draw a lot more of a crowd than the S550, but that's probably because those were unlocked and open.

Overall, I liked it. Definitely not the best looking car there. That would go to the Jaguar F type coupe. Best car, bar none, at the show. Pure sex on wheels.
I feel almost the same way about everything you said except I dont mind the yellow as much, but won't be getting it. I sure wish I could afford the F type coupe, one of the best looking gt's in a while IMO.
The M4 looked really good in person too, better than i expected really.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I sure wish I could afford the F type coupe, one of the best looking gt's in a while IMO.
The M4 looked really good in person too, better than i expected really.
Not to derail the thread but I just have to say I agree with that statement. Outisde of the Mustang the F type and M4 were the only other cars at the show I couldn't easily pull away from.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Somebody with Photoshop skills make those hood vents gloss black please. :)
Sponsored