Sponsored

anyone buy pocket knives online?

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
what website do you buy your pocket knives online? searching for a gift, thanks!

also what to look for would be greatly appreciated! (brand, type, material) anything sharp! and wont dull fast!
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I find shopping for pocket knives online is quite broad in price.
You can go for a $15 folding knife, up to a $3000 blade.
Almost like watch buying. $20 Timex, or $235,000 Vacheron Constantin.
Believe it or not, if you set a price point, Amazon has a huge selection.

I like Gerber and SOG, but it depends on what style you like.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Depends what your budget and what exact options you are looking for.

I have a Kershaw 1660 Leek that I use as an EDC. I find it the perfect size for my uses with my job. I would be happy to get a new one as a gift.

I got mine from Amazon on a lightning deal on black friday for ~$35. Excellent value.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
A great place to browse, research and learn about all types of knives is http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forum.php. Personally I like Spyderco knives although some people don't care for their signature "Spydie" hole. I also have a couple Zero Tolerance flippers that are very nice, too. Pocket knives are like anything else, you usually get what you pay for.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
what website do you buy your pocket knives online? searching for a gift, thanks!

also what to look for would be greatly appreciated! (brand, type, material) anything sharp! and wont dull fast!
Typically I'll research whatever whatever I'm looking at on google and youtube and then buy on ebay.

I've been collecting for somewhere around 30 years now and I have everythng from the unidentifiable all the way up to Busse. If I'm looking for a knife for a given purpose I'll usually feel out the forums to see what they suggest. It's also a great way to see if there is something new out as well.

As for your OP.... are you going the multi-took/swiss army knife route or a single bladed lock back of some sort?

I got away from the swiss army knives back in the scouts. Too flimsy and for more lighter duty work than I needed. I'm giving my 5 year old son (turning 6 in April) a Benchmade Griptilian for his first blade. However, a good Leatherman or other multi-tool is also a daily use tool that I'm sure would be much appreciated. I've been carrying my Surge for almost 10 years now.

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red

I'm a BIG fan of Columbia River Tactical Knives. They are badazz
Sponsored