Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Just a little more info, I sent a message to metra tech support just to double check. IF YOU HAVE THE 8 INCH TOUCH SCREEN, YOU MUST GET THE 99-5840CH.

Good morning. The 99-5840 is designed specifically for the 8' touchscreen models only. These vehicles are much more involved than the 4' screen models. The 99-5838 isn't able to run the 8' screen models, the data is totally different.

Burke Kellermann
Tech Support
Metra Electronics
1-800-253-TECH

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
So Scosche came through- sent me a replacement Hvac screen- pull back the unit everything else stayed in place- 4 screws and done- like brand new-

Good customer service when you get through to them....

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2020 LFP Mustang GT
Has anyone had the scosche kit stop responding to the hvac control? I've tried resetting everything. No dice. Everything else works but hvac.

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
So Scosche came through- sent me a replacement Hvac screen- pull back the unit everything else stayed in place- 4 screws and done- like brand new-

Good customer service when you get through to them....
Airbornetex. Did your hvac quit?

Sponsored

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
^^
Yes it did- then I reset the battery for about 30 seconds- and it came back to life-

Than I got a red line at the top of the screen- called Scosche and they sent me a screen to replace it- they just wanted to see the receipt-

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Looks like scosche is going to send a replacement hvac and control interface box! So far happy with their support

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Looks like scosche is going to send a replacement hvac and control interface box! So far happy with their support
At first I didn't get anywhere with them(Scosche) but it takes a good call with the techs- I couldn't be happier considering the sound system I get in return!!

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
At first I didn't get anywhere with them(Scosche) but it takes a good call with the techs- I couldn't be happier considering the sound system I get in return!!

And it's dead again. I can't get my money back and I'm gonna have to buy the metra.

Sponsored

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
And it's dead again. I can't get my money back and I'm gonna have to buy the metra.
I would still go with Scosche again if I were you. I had both Metra and Scosche and the metra unit just had too many issues. As s550 pointed out, the buttons along the bottom stick like crazy (my traction control button didn't work half the time) and the harness that connects to the vehicle is huge compared to the Scosche unit.
Worst case I would buy another Scosche unit then use that receipt to get a new HVAC screen and controller again so you have a spare if needed in the future.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Out of curiosity, those that have issues; are they base or premium model cars and are the sync modules still installed?

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Out of curiosity, those that have issues; are they base or premium model cars and are the sync modules still installed?
Besides the HVAC issues what issues are people having when going aftermarket? With these kits are you able to use the backup camera that is part of the car or do you have to use the one that comes with the head unit?

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Besides the HVAC issues what issues are people having when going aftermarket? With these kits are you able to use the backup camera that is part of the car or do you have to use the one that comes with the head unit?
Everything else works fine on the scosche. Factory camera is retained with steering wheel controls and everything. But the summers where I live get super hot and the car would be undriveable if I didn't have air conditioner.

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Base here. Sync cannot be retained on the scosche model.only the metra has that capability
Sponsored