OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Put a banner on my windshield the other weekend. I did it myself and it turned out perfectly. There are these little lines etched on each side of the windshield that made aligning this a breeze. I mostly HPDE with JZilla and they asked me to run a banner. Mostly wanted it to block out sun glare which comes straight through that part of the window every damn day - and it works perfectly! I have it high enough that my dash cam is not affected. Score!

+10 HP :headbonk:
Capture.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well, some new news. I had installed an ATI Super Balancer and extended lugs such that I can use spacers (only needed up front) to run 305 square. Should need only an 8mm spacer but I figured I'd put extended lugs front to back. I had this work done by an Atlanta S550's member who is a Ford Tech at Hardy Family Ford in Dallas, GA. I really don't feel comfortable doing any "bottom end-level" engine work - bolting in a new manifold is one thing but I'm not about to fool with anything lower than that. He also did some warranty work and I had my alignment re-done given I installed the aforementioned Steeda parts to the IRS. The alignment was to me specs and perfect.

When the mechanic texted me saying the work was done, he said it felt like it ran smoother. I was like... yeah right. So I get in the car, start it... and before with the Steeda engine mounts you could feel the engine a little more than stock and accelerating same deal. Now... it's like the car doesn't have an engine at all - no vibrations when idling and driving it is far smoother feeling, less transmitted vibration. I swear this isn't snake oil. Additionally, some latent resonance I was getting through the driveshaft I have at 3K RPM reduced notably.

I installed this so I could feel more comfortable having a 7200 RPM redline I'll have with my VMP tune. I know that's out of my power band without a manifold but it's better than shifting a gear right before a turn like I have to do on 19" wheels with 35 aspect tires sometimes - two spots this happens at AMP, for example.

This weekend I'm going to finish up installing my GT350 CAI and load my VMP tune. Currently running the standard stock airbox 93 octane SCT tune on the SCT X4 device. That isn't bad, really - gave the car a bit more pep overall.

I'll be having my Nitto NT01 tires installed on my Rays wheels sometime this month and verifying that my 8mm spacers up front do allow me to clear the strut with a 305 tire. If all goes well, I will be getting some GLOC R12 front and R10 rear pads from OPMustang.com and further preparing for Camp Steeda!
Capture.PNG

Holdfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Base w/PP1
Love your thread.

How are your PP Brembo's holding up? Do you have any plans for brake work in the future?

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just better pads for now. They seem fine so far.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Got my GT350 CAI installed along with a driver's side oil separator and a VMP 93 tune. The tune so far is great - smooth throttle, extra power, extended redline (main goal, really). May send in a data log or two to VMP in the near future to see if it's okay.
Capture.PNG

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Well, some new news. I had installed an ATI Super Balancer and extended lugs such that I can use spacers (only needed up front) to run 305 square. Should need only an 8mm spacer but I figured I'd put extended lugs front to back. I had this work done by an Atlanta S550's member who is a Ford Tech at Hardy Family Ford in Dallas, GA. I really don't feel comfortable doing any "bottom end-level" engine work - bolting in a new manifold is one thing but I'm not about to fool with anything lower than that. He also did some warranty work and I had my alignment re-done given I installed the aforementioned Steeda parts to the IRS. The alignment was to me specs and perfect.

When the mechanic texted me saying the work was done, he said it felt like it ran smoother. I was like... yeah right. So I get in the car, start it... and before with the Steeda engine mounts you could feel the engine a little more than stock and accelerating same deal. Now... it's like the car doesn't have an engine at all - no vibrations when idling and driving it is far smoother feeling, less transmitted vibration. I swear this isn't snake oil. Additionally, some latent resonance I was getting through the driveshaft I have at 3K RPM reduced notably.

I installed this so I could feel more comfortable having a 7200 RPM redline I'll have with my VMP tune. I know that's out of my power band without a manifold but it's better than shifting a gear right before a turn like I have to do on 19" wheels with 35 aspect tires sometimes - two spots this happens at AMP, for example.

This weekend I'm going to finish up installing my GT350 CAI and load my VMP tune. Currently running the standard stock airbox 93 octane SCT tune on the SCT X4 device. That isn't bad, really - gave the car a bit more pep overall.

I'll be having my Nitto NT01 tires installed on my Rays wheels sometime this month and verifying that my 8mm spacers up front do allow me to clear the strut with a 305 tire. If all goes well, I will be getting some GLOC R12 front and R10 rear pads from OPMustang.com and further preparing for Camp Steeda!
Interesting..... I was thinking along the same lines wondering if a better crank balance would suffice for non FI engines that see higher RPM's. I just hadn't floated that thought out there for others to comment. It's good to hear that you have a noticeable improvement.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Installed some brake cooling last weekend. I purchased the JLT kit without their cheap hose, got myself some better hose, and put it all together. I am only going to temporarily use the fog light as an air source as I suspect the front lower grill will be a better place to dam air into an intake behind the grill. I'll post a picture of the fog light intakes later. You do have to give up the air diverter on the upper control arm that comes on PP cars. Well, you can cut it to fit around the cooling backing plate, but I'm not going to. Overall fitment is fine. I can see the tube being a relatively quick wear item, but we'll see. May end up replacing once a year or so? I have no basis to guestimate that.
18034316_10101812250008657_4666695101093286282_n.jpg

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
SCCA Track Night in America at AMP Monday night. Hit a PB, then another PB and broke 1:40! The Conti DW tires do better at 26 psi - I run them at 28 psi usually, tried 32 psi at this event just to see what happened (wow, slippery), tried 26 psi and much better. You can hear them this time really whining. This was most likely their last run - I will be putting the Nitto NT01s on this weekend in preparation for Camp Steeda at Sebring.

FWIW, I did the track day at the middle setting in the rear and second from soft up front and that seemed nicely balanced. Shocks adjusted at 1.5 turns each.

[ame]

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Full session (intermediate) at AMP with Music City Mustangs. Was awesome being on track with a bunch of other Mustangs!

[ame]

Sponsored

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
When are you installing the 305's? I have my eye on these wheels for the fact that they are about as wide as you can run without ridiculous camber. I'd love to see a square 305 set up in practical use!

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Visited Road Atlanta yesterday. What a track that is... up until really the very last session I was bonified scared. AMP is a nice roller coaster but you can see where you're going. Here you really work on anticipation and planning your turns with less information. Plus it's fun to go 120+ and then slam on the brakes and pray, haha. My TrackAddict app (or my phone) was not having a good day. I could not video record any sessions except the first one of the day (which was too embarrassing to post). I did get it to track lap times only for a couple sessions and managed a 1:50.33 known best.

I'll be back at this track for Gridlife, hopefully, finally, with better tires. Although, I will say, oddly the Conti's seemed to like this course better. I really didn't hate them...

[ame]