Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
A little more detail in regards to the above ^

The WinCE Interface uses a Skin archive that contains all of the images and UI files. Someone made a tool to open the archive but the tool is old, and it is in 32bit. The new skin files use a different structure so the tool is rendered useless.

The Skin files are essentially a binary file. Similar to a ZIP file but the format is different, and no tool that i've used has been able to figure it out.

It'd be easier if said tool above was openSource but it's not. So this is even more difficult. =\
I been trying to reach you lol
So this skin file is db file (it's called skin.db) I could export only 4 images from it but nothing else.
Sponsored

Austin916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/ PP
OK, Can you list so far what the build has fixed, or what was updated. I'm so excited about the possibilities here. You are the man.

OP
OP

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
OK, Can you list so far what the build has fixed, or what was updated. I'm so excited about the possibilities here. You are the man.
It's not an update, it's more of a workaround.
And unfortunately the only fix I could do is changing the "One Connected" to "Connected" which can be customized if you want.

Austin916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/ PP
what are the pics of on page one of thread, with trip computer, and the one below it.

also if i copy the connected file to notepad and change the >connected< to something like >Brian's Phone< that is what will display when phone connects right.

but, that will be the display regardless of what phone actually connects correct

OP
OP

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
what are the pics of on page one of thread, with trip computer, and the one below it.

also if i copy the connected file to notepad and change the >connected< to something like >Brian's Phone< that is what will display when phone connects right.

but, that will be the display regardless of what phone actually connects correct

That pic is Nextgen.
And correct you can change it to whatever you want

Sponsored

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
The pic below trip computer (nextgen) is a program called mio pocket its a launcher with tons of additonal software and applications. Im looking at some of the things on it and seeing what i can change/make better before i put a whole file and instructions together

DuhKodak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The pic below trip computer (nextgen) is a program called mio pocket its a launcher with tons of additonal software and applications. Im looking at some of the things on it and seeing what i can change/make better before i put a whole file and instructions together
Any luck so far? I'm looking forward to any fixes you can come up with!

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Both of us have been really busy but we are still trying

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
OKAY GUYS BIG NEWS
I was able to fully unpack the skin.db file and we now have access to the images and possably can now start making changes to the way this thing looks!!!! and fix some ofthe chinese writing

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
AWESOME!

I've held off on doing the "Phone Connected" fix because it's so minor.

Totally willing to pay bounty, still. Anyone else in for a bounty payment? I'd kick in $40 to have all the Chinese fixed, the date corrected, spelling fixed, etc.

Let's reward these folks for doing good work!

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
OKAY GUYS BIG NEWS
I was able to fully unpack the skin.db file and we now have access to the images and possably can now start making changes to the way this thing looks!!!! and fix some ofthe chinese writing
I thought the poster above (DiGi) said it's extremely difficult to work with?

Anywhoo, Im excited if you can change how things look as well, Tomtop unit has been pretty awesome for the most part and super cheap compared to the other options.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
So is anyone here good with image fixing (photoshop paint and such) i can PM you the files via dropbox and maybe you can start editing some of the images I really don't know how to do all that. It seems during the unpacking some of the .bmp images were corrupted and they appear cropped awkwardly. I don't want this to die off the tomtop has potential to be a great system (my personal belief anyway). I've done some playing around with with windows and was actually able to change the system time issue but its not easy by anymeans and i never really had a time issue to begin with (was fixed after applying the update) also is anybody willing to part with a usb wifi dongle I am working on getting WAZE to work on the system (ive got it loaded up and running just need an internet connection) to the actual tomtop unit to test and work out a few "bugs"

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
I can't find him via search
Sponsored