gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks
would the touchscreen from the non Nav unit work with mine with NAV? Do they separate?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Are you familiar with LKQ? I'm sure they're in Massachusetts. What I'm now suggesting is that people PM what they need and I can use a locator service called Car-Part Pro. (If you have a business license you can open an account too). CP Pro shows a cheaper price and more available units than regular Car-Part.com
You can separate Touchscreen and APIM but it's cheaper more often than not to buy them together

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks
I have seen touchscreens on LKQ but I dont know what one will work.

Sponsored

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I'm a bit confused here... Say you bought the screen off another Mustang, do you need the "programming" which seems to have to be bought off someone? What exactly is the programming required for?

And is anyone selling just premade wiring harnesses from the 4" screen yet?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm a bit confused here... Say you bought the screen off another Mustang, do you need the "programming" which seems to have to be bought off someone? What exactly is the programming required for?

What year car?
You have to program details such as your VIN and the options you're using (SAT for example). You can do all the programming yourself with FORSCan.
There is no need for a harness for the APIM. These things are ridiculously easy to re-pin and to add the pins from the GPSM and back up camera. My suggestion is to go straight to Sync 3. [MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] and I are going to do a very through YouTube video detailing all of this, we're just waiting on our bezels.
I made 3 harnesses for people here but I'm still awaiting delivery if the terminals to add aftermarket amps to any trim level. When I secure enough terminals I'll make a large batch.

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What year car?
You have to program details such as your VIN and the options you're using (SAT for example). You can do all the programming yourself with FORSCan.
There is no need for a harness for the APIM. These things are ridiculously easy to re-pin and to add the pins from the GPSM and back up camera. My suggestion is to go straight to Sync 3. @soldier989 and I are going to do a very through YouTube video detailing all of this, we're just waiting on our bezels.
I made 3 harnesses for people here but I'm still awaiting delivery if the terminals to add aftermarket amps to any trim level. When I secure enough terminals I'll make a large batch.
Will be for a 2017, looking to go to Sync 3. I don't care about satellite or HD radio.

Looking forward to the video.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
When was your car built? I can confirm two 17's built in December have all of the wiring in the correct position except for MS CAN and Backup camera which are easily added by grabbing signal from GPSM (which you must disconnect anyway) and the 4.2" screen connection
Programming is for more than SAT, that's just one example.

Sponsored

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When was your car built? I can confirm two 17's built in December have all of the wiring in the correct position except for MS CAN and Backup camera which are easily added by grabbing signal from GPSM (which you must disconnect anyway) and the 4.2" screen connection
Programming is for more than SAT, that's just one example.
Good to know. Not sure how to check date but maybe its on the door jamb of car. On my window sticker under MSRP has a number string that ends with "10 24 16" so maybe that.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
What year car?
There is no need for a harness for the APIM. These things are ridiculously easy to re-pin and to add the pins from the GPSM and back up camera. My suggestion is to go straight to Sync 3. [MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] and I are going to do a very through YouTube video detailing all of this, we're just waiting on our bezels.
[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] FYI I took some detailed pics (but no video) when I did my swap. Obviously I had to pin swap.

I screwed the USB connectors up, and I'm going to tear it all down again when I install my CarPlay hub.

Also, I did not program my VIN anywhere. I don't see anywhere in the ACM or APIM where there is a VIN. I did try to find a place, but looking through the as-built I only found it in three other modules which I detailed in the as-built thread here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1814779&postcount=1523

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

The idea that you have to purchase the programming is one propagated by OEMRadio, who was selling programming. In reality you can do the programming yourself for free.

This will need updated because I need to figure out what I did to kill some of the TTS, but these are the as-built configs I'm currently using, assuming your ACM has default as-built for your base car and your APIM has default as-built for a premium Mustang: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811217&postcount=1300

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] FYI I took some detailed pics (but no video) when I did my swap. Obviously I had to pin swap.

I screwed the USB connectors up, and I'm going to tear it all down again when I install my CarPlay hub.

Also, I did not program my VIN anywhere. I don't see anywhere in the ACM or APIM where there is a VIN. I did try to find a place, but looking through the as-built I only found it in three other modules which I detailed in the as-built thread here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1814779&postcount=1523
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] So what exactly have people been paying $500-600 to have programmed on these APIMS!?! I talked to a guy the other day that paid $170 to have his ACM programmed even though he wasn't using SAT or line level out. He was told the base ACM had to be programmed for MFT but if your not using SAT what is that for?
It seems like a lot of people here got ripped the f--k off.
Sponsored

Last edited: