Sponsored

Vinyl Wrapped S550's (Pictures)

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
I really want to get mine wrapped in a matte purple.
Sponsored

Barricad3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red gt premium
I was set on a matte blue, but now that I saw that red aluminum I'm unsure as to what color I want to go with lol

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
Warned by the moderators for what post? No one has ever warned me for any of my many posts and if they have then it was the most ineffective warning ever seeing as I never received it.

How about you get a few more posts before shedding all those tear drops next time.
Tear drops? No...just always a lot of positivity on this site till I come across your negative ranting. Funny thing about my lack of posts is I've only been on this site a week or so and already saw numerous posts by you complaining about the same exact thing. To be honest you make a good point & I might have greatly considered just getting a pp gt & have ford install a supercharger had I thought about it. Either way nobody wants to hear all your negativity about their car that they obviously love just as much as you love yours. We're all here because we share a passion. If you want negativity & complaining that's what Facebook is for. :ford::cheers:

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
How much do these run? I've always wanted to do this in a shade of blue.

Can you wash the car regularly ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
How much do these run? I've always wanted to do this in a shade of blue.

Can you wash the car regularly ?
It will really depend on the experience of the shop who is doing it. I've seen one man jobs who work out of their garage in the sub $1000 range including materials. Or full on vinyl wrapping shops go in the $2500 range. I paid in the $2500 for my previous cars and have been very happy with the quality, they remove the bumpers, side skirts, mirrors, window trim, etc to ensure a complete wrap. The only thing that doesn't get done are your door jambs, that would cost a bit more to do.

You can wash the car the same way as you would if it wasn't wrapped. Just be cautious of spraying the edges of the car where the vinyl wrap it tucked around with a pressure washer.

One word of caution, where a lot of people don't realize is you can still get swirl marks on GLOSS vinyl. Since its not like your clear coat, you can't just polish these out.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I'm thinking of wrapping my roof in gloss black. should I be cautious or concerned about anything? is it going to start looking old real fast or do they last and gloss color?

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm thinking of wrapping my roof in gloss black. should I be cautious or concerned about anything? is it going to start looking old real fast or do they last and gloss color?
I had a 335i that I did the roof in gloss black and I loved it when at the time. Eventually every one started doing it so I got sick of the look. However, the great thing about vinyl is it peels right off. Stick with a good quality vinyl like 3m and it will last you several years. Chances are you will switch up the look of your car before the vinyl fades.

I saw the yellow S550 they used for the new black accent package and I think it looks pretty good

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

GoldnAzn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White Premium w/PP
Got my roof wrap in gloss black... So far after 7 months (no garage) still looks new and glossy... Just keep it clean and wipe it down often...

You can check mine out this Sunday's Supercar event...

Mustang99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How much does it cost to get just your roof wrapped? And would you suggest matte or gloss black?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So... What do the door jambs and engine bay/trunk look like with a wrapped car? That's one thing I dont think I could stand even if I got the car painted, everything would need to match for me.

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So... What do the door jambs and engine bay/trunk look like with a wrapped car? That's one thing I dont think I could stand even if I got the car painted, everything would need to match for me.
They would be the factory color. With a black car its not a big deal but with brightly colored cars it definitely stands out. Most places can wrap your door jambs for you as well but it cost a bit more since it involves removing the doors and all the interior trim/panels etc.

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Bumping this thread,

I'm surprised with the popularity of the s197 grabber blue, no one has yet wrapped their car this color. For reference I've attached a bmw wrapped in that color. I think this would look great on the S550. Someone do it!!

Sponsored